problem in build 11

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by scaa, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scaa

scaa Registered Member

I have scheduled tasks to backup my harddisk in secure zone. In previous builds once secure zone was full the older backups used to get replaced with the newer ones.
    Recently as a scheduled task could not be run , I tried a full backup to the secure zone. Surprisingly after the backup had started and continued for some time there was an error message that the secure zone was full and the backup completed with errors.
    Any reasons? :(

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I can't really help you as what you have found is contrary to what I have experienced when using a secure zone on all previous versions.
    I only stayed with Version 11 for a short time so the zone never filled up with V11 images although previous V10 images did get FIFO'd.

If you do decide to revert to an earlier Version of TI the only way I know to clear the zone of V11 images, which of course cannot be used by earlier versions, is to remove the secure zone and start over.

Xpilot

3. Ray Clare

Ray Clare Registered Member

Has your disk usage simply grown to where it won't fit into your secure zone any longer?

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

This prob has been reproted before. ATI 11 SZ doesn't behave as in prior versions - at least sometimes fails to delete old backups and merely reports the space problem.

5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

All TI versions up to and including Version 10 had automatic FIFO management of backup images. This always worked provided the zone contained more than one full image. If there was only one full image and the zone was topped up with say incrementals an out of space message would popup. The fix was counter intuitive in that creation of another full image was the cure.
    Version 11 appears to be broken in that FIFO management does not start when it should. This is at least true for some users and perhaps all.

Xpilot

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello scaa,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build (8053) of Acronis True Image 11 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If updating doesn't solve the problem, please download the latest version of Acronis drivers and install it with disabled logging.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Reinstall Acronis drivers with enabled logging;
    - Reproduce the issue and collect the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also collect the application log of the operation:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the log with error messages;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

7. scaa

scaa Registered Member

I have downloaded the update twice but the installers do not install on my vista basic system. I have disabled everything necessary but to no avail. The upgrade box is not displayed. The installation appears to be a normal fresh install but after sometime there is a prompt stating that True image has stopped working and needs to be closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.