Problem Imaging my drive using Macrium 4.2

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by SA Jack, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SA Jack

SA Jack Registered Member

After reading so many positive reviews about Macrium, I decided to download and image my hard drive.

Install went quick and easy. When I opened the program, it appeared that it was obtaining information on my installed drives. I highlighted m C:\ as the drive I wanted to image, but when when I hit the button to create image, the program instantly became non-responsive. I checked Task Manager and saw that VSS was running as well as the Reflect.exe and Reflectservice.exe.

The only way to stop the program is to close from Task Manager. And even after it closes, the Reflectservice remains open (even after a reboot). Although the PC appears to be running fine after the "forced" closing of Macrium (Reflectservice.exe still running), Windows Explorer is not running right. It is extremely slow and takes a long time to display the folder tree, and/or files. Once the service is closed, Explorer returns to normal.

I'm running XP Home, SP3, fully patched. The PC has been running perfectly prior to installing Macrium.

I'm wondering if the problem I'm having could be related to the fact that I use JungleDisk to create online backups via Amazon's S3 service. When configuring the network drive in JungleDisk, the default setting is that the "drive type" will be "Network Share", as opposed to "WEBDav". Could the fact that the JungleDisk service is running and controlling the network drive being displayed within Explorer possibly be the reason why Macrium will not run? I don't have anything else running that should conflict with Macrium. My security is Comodo CIS, however I've designated Macrium as a "trusted" program, and have had on pop-up's from CIS as a result.

Thank you for any help or suggestions you may have. -SA Jack

2. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Jack,

I've been using Macrium Reflect for quite awhile with no problems. You might try un-installing Macrium > temporarily disable 'jungle' > install Macrium > test Macrium. Also you might find more help at Macrium's forum. See: THIS

Take Care & Good Luck
    Rico

3. SA Jack

SA Jack Registered Member

Problem Resolved:
    The problem was that i had a USB U3 stick running. Macrium, and some other programs, have problems with the U3 virtual drive aspect of the configuration. I simply removed the U3, and Macruim worked as advertised.

Thanks for taking the itme to respond. -SA Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.