problem; Error

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by ParaNodes, Sep 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ParaNodes

ParaNodes Registered Member

Hello,

Every reboot;PG 3pb" Main: Error Failed to initialize. Check dcsuserprot.exe".
    Clicking dcsuserprot.exe in PG folder, and starting PG again results in" status: System Secure", any ideas ?.

Dell 600m laptop, XPsp1 fully patched
    Resident progs; BoClean, Nav 2003, Sygate pro, Dell support alerts, Dell quickset.

TIA,
    Pnodes

2. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

How long does it take for your system to bootup, from the time Windows starts loading till when you can do something on the desktop?

3. ParaNodes

ParaNodes Registered Member

Thanks for responding Jason,

About 1 1/2 minutes, weird thing is this evening booted fine. guess I'll keep an eye on it, and report back with any oddities.

Pnodes

4. Jason_DiamondCS

Well it most likely just ran out of time to connect to dcsuserprot.exe . Procguard.exe will wait for around 15 seconds at the moment, then give an error. You can always try restarting procguard.exe after the desktop has loaded then it will try for another 15 seconds.

The amount of time it waits will be extended (to around 60 seconds) for the next BETA.

5. tamquocchi

tamquocchi Registered Member

Recently I have got an error of PG3beta too (plz see image), and I have seen Mozilla firefox1.0RC having stalled too - it could be shutdown properly and displayed and windows shown something at its windows title (I could capture that image).
    I am looking forward to the new release of PG3 final beta.
    TIA

Attached Files:

6. Jason_DiamondCS

Yeah, the current ProcessGuard 3 Beta doesn't really have extended wait times for the driver and the service. So if your system is slow, or takes a while to startup and is heavily congested you will most likely run into problems. I have extended the wait times in the next BETA which will fix this problem as it exists.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.