Problem encountered after trying to resize

Discussion in 'Paragon Mac Utilities' started by abstractrobbie, Jul 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abstractrobbie

abstractrobbie Registered Member

I decided to shift 40gb from my Mac partition to my Windows partition today, all seemed to go well but at the end it told me I had some crosslinked files and would need to run some OS tools to fix the problem.

I ran my Windows disc to fix the problem but upon booting into Windows I discovered that the 40gb I had tried to allocate was not there, nor was it still on the Mac partition.

I ran disc utility in OSX and discovered that Camptune has decided to unallocate the space completely leaving it floating as unpartitioned and unused.

I know I can format it as a third drive but to be honest I really dont want to have to do that really. How can I get it into the Windows partition? I ran camptune again but it doesn't seem to want to allow me to do it using the HFS wizard.

2. tsam19

tsam19 Registered Member

Hello

I used Camp Tune 8 too & there was an error message after the 'redistribution' telling me to use CHKDSK as there was a tree root problem??

I used defragment tools, disk utility & still no sign of the hard drive space i moved.

The disc space I moved from the Mac partition is not showing up in the Windows C: drive properties??

But the Mac drive space has decreased.

There is a 'Rescue kit CD' from paragon.

http://www.paragon-software.com/home/rk-express/

3. tsam19

tsam19 Registered Member

Booted Windows up,then had a look in here:

Settings>Control Panel >Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Storage/Disk Management

See added picture.

The drive space is there but unattachedo_O

Can anyone explain why its not been added to the original Windows Hard drive space??

Thanks.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.