Problem Downloading New Product Version

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Oswald2, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oswald2

Oswald2 Registered Member

Using ESS 5.0.94.0 on this machine. Today I noticed that it had a little exclamation point on the system tray icon. When I click on the icon, it says that there is a new product version and the screen tells me that 5.0.95.0 is available (which is a version already installed on one of my other machines [I have a three-machine ESS license, a one-machine ESS-license, and a one-machine NAV license]).

When I click on the link, it immediately says "Virus signature database update failed." This is double-puzzling as my virus signature is up-to-date already and I was clicking on the link for the product version update not the signature database update. What's going on?

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

if i am correct you can not install a new product version through the update feature....download the newest version from the web site and install over the old one or uninstall .94 then install .95

3. Oswald2

Oswald2 Registered Member

It clearly said something like "click here to upgrade to the newest version of the software." In the meantime, I tried it this afternoon, and it worked. Must've been some temporary problem somewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.