problem build TI 2009 b9791/9796

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bodgy, Jun 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I downloaded the build that reports itself as 9791 and installed it over the top of b9770.

Tonight it was supposed to have run a weekly task that overwrites the existing tib file.

It failed with a 'disk full' message because it has somehow altered the task all by itself from 'full' to 'differential' subsequently it left last weeks image on the external drive made a full image and then attempted to make a differential of the full image.

It also changed the number of partitions being imaged as well. I have 3 partitions on the disk of which only two are imaged, the third being the test for W7 RC1 has it's own installation of an Acronis product and is not included in the 'main' OS regimen. The task had changed to include the W7 partition.

I tried to edit the task back to being a full only, but the option is now greyed out.

In fact the FULL option is no longer available, even if I try to make a new task.

I may try uninstalling clearing any remnants of the previous version and then re-install the latest version.

I'd be interested to know if anyone who has performed a clean install of this build also has the 'Full' method unavailable to them.

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I can now report that ALL my incremental tasks have been usurped and are now Differential.

I also now assume as no one has reported similar problems, that I'm the only person to see this.

I'll uninstall and try a clean install.

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Have you got a full image backup that could take you back to before the current fracas ? It could save a bit of time.

Anyway up it will soon be the school holiday time so Acronis will be able to re-employ their star programmers to stir the pot again.

BTW whatever happened to Faust with his posts so full of optimism, we all need cheering up sometimes.

Xpilot

4. dh27564

dh27564 Registered Member

I installed 9791/9796 over the top of the previous version. So far no issues with the installation. I have not tried a backup yet although restore seems to work. The FULL backup option is available as I worked my way through a new task to this point. I have a scheduled backup set for Tuesday so I'll see how that goes.

5. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I do as I have daily images on two alternate weeks, plus the OS image which is weekly.

I'll probably stump up for either Echo Workstation or Server when the next version comes out.

6. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Interesting, that'll make me put my thinking cap on.

{quote] I have a scheduled backup set for Tuesday so I'll see how that goes.[/QUOTE]

Look forward to that.

7. terradon

terradon Registered Member

I too downloaded and installed over the previous build, which was 9709 for me. The system hung on reboot. My only recourse was to boot to safe mode and uninstall TI. I don't have time to mess with a program that is supposed to give a sense of security only to have it be the cause of the failure!:mad:

8. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I have downloaded the build that reports itself correctly (though I don't think that was the problem), installed, was now able to change the tasks from differential to incremental and it has been working OK ever since.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

bodgy,

I am glad to hear that everything is OK.

terradon,

Please use Acronis Clean Up Utility to remove the program and install the latest build from the scratch.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

10. Faust

Faust Registered Member

I have downloaded the latest build but wisely I haven't installed it, and I'm not going to. 9709 works flawlessy for me so why go looking for trouble?

Has the new build upset the scheduler tick boxes for full backups i.e. create a new backup after (this should be set at 0 plus remove old archives should be left unchecked) and number of backups - I have this set at (2). This method means that I have one old full backup and the one full brand new one.

11. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I can't help you at this second, I've a different version and builds installed at the moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.