Problem backing up Buffalo NAS to attached USB hard drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by IanF, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IanF

IanF Registered Member

I am having problems backing up data that I have on a Network attached storage (NAS) device (Buffalo Linkstation).

When I do an image backup of my C: drive to a hard drive attached via USB (O: drive) to the NAS, TI works great. I can mount the backup and restore files from it.

When I try to do a file level backup of the files on the NAS (N: or \\link1\share\) to the drive attached via USB, TI fails with the following errors:
    1) Error opening the file. (0x40007) Tag = 0xF35F747B3B21FA89
    2) Failed to determine corresponding partition for path '\\Link1\share\'. Backup operation will not snapshot that path
    3) Create Full Backup Archive. From:\\Link1\share\ To file:"O:\LINK1_SHARE Acronis File Level 8-4-2006.tib" Compression:Normal Description: "File level backup of NAS share drive (N:) 8/4/2006"

I believe the NAS stores files in EXT3 format (Linux/Unix?) but they are visible and accessible as normal files thru Windows Explorer.

I’m running XP media Center edition service pack 2 and TI Home version 9.0 build 3677.

I’d appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello IanF,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file. Also please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also collect the full log file from Acronis True Image 9.0 Home that contains the error message. In order to do so please do the following:

- run the program;

- select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;

- select the log with error messages;

- click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon)

Please also clarify if it is possible to create the file based backup and store it to another hard drive (not the USB hard drive)?

Please also try to back up when booted from Acronis True Image Bootable CD created with the latest build (3677) of the program.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.