problem about rule matching

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by 1hui, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1hui

1hui Registered Member

3.png If one data packet matches the rule, the following rules of the rule set will not be taken into account.
    Then I made a rule:
    lns.png
    It should be a rule just for recoding packets in and out.
    Actually,it's a rule equal "allow all".....
    log.png
    It's a question that puzzles me.. Did I misunderstand the meaning of "If one data packet matches the rule, the following rules of the rule set will not be tak........."?

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

If this kind of rule (without the [​IMG]) applies, then another rule is in charge of allowing or blocking the packet.

However, in the log you will see the name of the first rule which has applied.
    And if this rule is without the [​IMG], then the +/- indication is the 1st column is not relevant with the current implementation (this could be improved).

The important thing is that the packet is anyway blocked/allowed according to the other rules (and according to the definition).
    (You can make a test by blocking temporarily the rule allowing usual TCP connections, "TCP : Authorize most common Internet services", to verify that).

Regards,

Frederic

3. 1hui

1hui Registered Member

Hi, Frederic
    I enable the rule "block all",and it works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.