Probably for Uk Members... Discounted TI. v8

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by doodallybloke, Jun 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doodallybloke

doodallybloke Registered Member

Good Afternoon.

I have just posted a reply to a previous question whch may shortlly sink without trace into the depths of archive pages... as postings that are not answered promptly here tend to drop off this page very quckly. So I thought that this was to good an opportunity to miss, especially for Uk members where P&P charges are FREE. In short you order, it gets delivered.

It's for True Image. v8 on build 796. (which of coarse after registration with Acronis can always be upgraded to the latest version) It comes with a complete CD install in a blue flash gismo box. All for the discount price of £ 15.97p GBP sterling. That's a discount against the High Street shops of some 46% plus petrol and parking fees saved. IMHO it is a HUGE opportunity on a HUGE 46% discount. And no I have contact with Amazon Uk. I am just trying to pass on information here.

Check it out on this link...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0006H2Z1E/ref=amb_center-5_222633_2/026-0582937-1350012

To get FREE P&P charges you have to get the purchase price up to £ 19 GBP.

Anyway I hope this helps someone.

Doodallybloke

Last edited: Jun 26, 2005
  2. Dvderlm

Dvderlm Registered Member

You could try http://www.ebuyer.co.uk and search for product 84937
    which is TrueImage 8.0 for £15.86 inc VAT.
    P&P is £2.74 making £16.23
    which I think is less than £19 you have to spend to get free shipping from Amazon.

I guess it depends what else you want to buy. Ebuyer have all sorts of hardware software and gadgets, but no books. Try 84986 a "portable dryer", aimed at Glastonbury attendees I imagine.

I received build 826 from ebuyer (whose bootable media did not like my USB devices) and upgraded to 859 (image mounter broken) and am now on build 889 (where the images can be explored and restored but Tools->Check Image still says "The image archive is corrupted".

TI8 is just the most addictive online adventure game ;)

3. doodallybloke

doodallybloke Registered Member

Looks like it's a bargain all the way around then Dvderlm!? Nice site and nice to se some £ signs instead of all those $'s.... ha.

Anyway I've bookmarked it now into one 'I must check out before purchasing anywhere else' folder. Thanks for the link.

Ref the £ 19 minimum charge. I still like Amazon as it gives me the excuse to always buy something else at the same time!!!... That's what I tell 'her indoors' anyway.

Thanks again.

Doodallybloke. :eek:

4. Pablo Pablovski

Pablo Pablovski Registered Member

I spotted the Amazon UK deal the day *after* I spent $65 on a download from the Acronis website. With no box. Or paper manual. Or shiny CD. :rolleyes:

Then I came across the 859 image mounter issue, and thought about rejecting the product on the basis of it being unfit for purpose, so's I could get my money back, and buy it from Amazon!

Ever felt ripped off? Caveat emptor, I know, but there's a big difference between £16 and ~£31, depending on prevailing exchange rate... Won't do it again! :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.