probably a variant of Win32/WhiteSmoke

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by WhiteSmoke, May 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteSmoke

WhiteSmoke Registered Member

Hi,

My name is David Jones I have been trying for over 1 year to get the WhiteSmoke software approved with ESET as it is a False Postive, I have emailed the labs many times with everything they require

but never seem to get any answer. I have scanned the software on Virustotal.com

~Virus Total results removed per Forum Policy~

It comes up with only ESET as blocking it, Please can the software be approved as ESET has blocked the application servers and website.

I can assure you we are trusted company (Etruste) and there is no virus or anything that is installed without the users permission. i do understand this might not be the right place

to post this but I plead with ESET to give us an answer on anything we can do to get this unblocked. Please let me know if you require anything.

I really hope we can move forward as I know ESET is a trusted name in the Anti Virus industry.

Many thanks

David Jones

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2013
  2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

3. WhiteSmoke

Thank you for taking time to read and answer. I have been doing that for over a year and never gotten a response. I have also done it 4-5 days ago and sent an emergency email after the 48 hours like they specify.

I really do hope I can get this fixed.

David Jones

4. Syobon

Syobon Registered Member

It's the other way around, If this is indeed not a false-positive YOU should remove any malicious features of your software before asking ESET to remove the detection.

5. siljaline

siljaline Former Poster

6. WhiteSmoke

Thank you so much for the great support.

I now have an answer which is all I really needed to get.

I just have one last before I can call this thread to an end if something is marked as a PUA and then the software is corrected from anything leading to this can I resubmit it to samples@eset.com for a false positive?

many thanks

David Jones

7. siljaline

siljaline Former Poster

Wait for someone directly from ESET to make the determination if the PUA should be submitted again.

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This was already discussed at Wilders' in the past and recently in the official ESET's forum, too, where a response was provided. Having said that, we'll draw this thread to a close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.