privatefirewall view html log question

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by wutsup, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

hey wilders,

i have a question about private firewall's html firewall log.

under "View" when i click on HTML firewall log, it opens up firefox and shows the log in firefox. is it suppose to do that??

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

wutsup, I don't use PrivateFirewall, however, is Firefox your Default browser? Check via General Tab, under System Defaults.

Whenever any HTML or HTM file is opened, it is normally done by a browser. These File Associations can be changed accordingly.

This is what mine looks like, meaning: IE is my default browser so any HTML or HTM file will be opened by IE:

2010-08-29_203335.gif

3. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

ok ok thx for the ingo JR, ya firefox is my default browser.

so its normal for privatefirewall to shows the HTML firewall log in your default web browser?

i was just worried that it might be sending out info about my ip addresses to privatefirewall or the internet since it surprised me that it showed up in firefox....

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

wutsup, for any program that uses HTML, it is normal to display that HTML content on a default browser, if the file association is set that way. That's why I gave you the method to check, via the File Associations llink.

Nothing to worry about, because you are only displaying an internal document of a program, not connecting to the Internet. It's the same procedure as viewing a .txt file in Notepad, since that file association to that program is common.

5. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hi wutsup,

Change your default browser to IE, then have IE blocked from internet access in your firewall. Any internal HTML log files will then start/show in IE.
    You can then browse with Firefox (just turn off firefox from checking it is the default browser).

- Stem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.