Privatefirewall? Any one using it today?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by MasterTB, Jun 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterTB

MasterTB Registered Member

Hello:

I've been looking for information on firewalls for Win7 x64 and since I hadn't used privatefirewall in a long time I was wondering if some of the issues of old versions (like the ones posted here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=143605&highlight=privatefirewall) had been addressed.
    I saw that Stern took a really good look at this software and been wondering if it has improved over time, Now it is on version 7 so it has been a while.

On a personal note:
    Seen a lot of mixed opinions about Privatefirewall which I'm trying on a Win7 x64 PC and I want to know If anyone is using it and how do you feel about it.
    I really like the software but I have some doubts.
    For example, fresh install, default mode -no changes to the settings- and I'm not stealth at Shields up because the firewall created some rules for System services that open ports that are not needed. Opens 135, 139 and 445 NOT GOOD. Corrected that myself and now all is fine.

Still, most rules created automatically by the firewall are marked Outgoing and Incoming (are they connections or packets) I cannot tell and the Help files don't say much.
    If they are allowing Incoming connections that is not good policy for a firewall to do in automatic, I would guess they would have a block all rules like most firewalls out there...
    Any advices or opinions?

Martin.-

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.