privatefirewall adding applications to the list

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by scott1256ca, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scott1256ca

scott1256ca Registered Member

I installed privatefirewall 2 days ago.
    Issue #1: Is there a way to add MULTIPLE executables at a time to the list? I run cygwin (not every day) and since it is out of training mode (see issue #2) it gives me a popup for every executable. I can't seem to add multiples to the application list so I can "whitelist" them. Is there a way?

Issue #2 (less important): Even though it says 3 days of training, it started prompting me about new executables after a few hours. I uninstalled, cleaned up and installed again thinking maybe I did something wrong, but same issue.

This is version 6.1.20.24

Thanks for your help.

Edit: Also, BTW, I tried to put it back in 14 day training mode, but that doesn't work either. Makes me wonder what more serious bugs might be in there :)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  2. scott1256ca

scott1256ca Registered Member

Well, at least in part I'm going to answer my own question :)
    From "Settings" take "Advanced" tab
    -> "View/edit application list"
    click on "Processes" tab
    and select "training mode" and select desired number of days.

Why that isn't on by default, I don't know.

Still outstanding is my question: Can you add multiple new executables to this window? cygwin has 287 exe files in my bin directory, and I'd rather not have to go start them all or add them individually.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.