PrivateFirewall 7.0 features disabled

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Lugwalker, Mar 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lugwalker

Lugwalker Registered Member

I installed PrivateFirewall 7.0 a few days ago on my Windows 7 64-bit laptop.

I've just noticed that five options on its main menu are disabled. For example, under Main menu you have Applications, Process Monitor, Firewall Log, Port Tracking. Clicking on any of them does nothing. Also, you have an option of three profiles - Home, Office, Remote Profile, but it's fixed on Office and the other two options are disabled.

I have all settings set to default, so I'm wondering if this might be the reason for the various disabled options? Thank you. :)

2. sded

sded Registered Member

What is your AV? There have been a few reports of similar behavior with the latest Avast! 6 beta. I am using PF and Avast! 6.1021 on an old Vista computer with no problems, though.

3. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

May I suggest contacting PF support? They are terrific at responding quickly...

4. Lugwalker

I'm using the latest version of Avast! 6.

I've submitted the question to PF support. Thanks. I didn't realize that they provided support. I'll report back when I get a response. :)

5. Lugwalker

I received a very speedy response from PF Support regarding this issue.

I was told to uninstall Privatefirewall, reboot the system, temporarily disable the AV and then re-install Privatefirewall. The result of this advice is that Privatefirewall is now working perfectly. It seems that my Avast! was causing the problem previously during the initial install of Privatefirewall.

Thanks everyone for your direction. :)

6. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

My pleasure. :thumb:

7. yongsua

yongsua Registered Member

This exactly same as Online Armor but Online armor will inform you to disable your antivirus during the installation.

8. tekkaman

tekkaman Registered Member

This has happened to me too. In XP and 7. It will work a few days then the options get disabled again. I uninstalled. I'm not going to try it again till there's a new major update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.