privacy tests

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by privacynut, May 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. privacynut

privacynut Guest

I'm sure many of you have heard of and tried these tests if not you may be in for a HUGE suprise what information web sites can get about you. http://www.gemal.dk/browserspy Just wondering how different people did using this most informative site. I wouldn't want to know the results of every test done(would take too long) just a few of the more common ones like:

1. Basic Information (did you pass this one?)

2. C Drive information (important privacy test)

3. CSS Information (This one's supposed to reveal what sites you've been visiting- i hope not!)

4. Date and time information (No true privacy nut would want this revealed!)

5. IP information (Is supposed to reveal your true ip address- not mine!)

Of course you could list a few more if you wanted, but lets not write a 20,000 word report here ok? Let the tests begin.

2. jayzzz

jayzzz Registered Member

This site acts as if able to determine that my addresses at coNcast, yahoo & hotmail "seem to be accepting mail."

On the other hand, I closed down another addy at hotmail recently because it began getting spam within an hour of being opened, before I ever used it for anything. Supposedly, they disassociated my name from it, at my request, yet for that, also, the site says it "seems to be accepting mail."

Can they really make such a determination without sending messages to the accounts, or are they full of it on this test? I think...and really do hope...they're full of it. I checked a spamgourmet address, using the neverbox.com domain name with one of my member names, there, to make an address never previously used and so not existing yet, to spamgourmet. Got the same answer, that it "seems to be accepting mail." Perhaps that one is a scare tactic, figuring that nobody will bother to check on an address that does not exist...

The site did return and say that my old address @go.com, which I closed down more than a year ago because I didn't really use it, and when checked, the site gave me too much garbage, did NOT seem to be accepting mail, so apparently they are doing it, somehow! ICK and multiple expletives!

Last edited: May 27, 2004
  3. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

An interesting site - not that it was able to tell much about my system (Java and Javascript disabled by default - and an anonymising proxy, heh). Nevertheless one for the bookmarks - thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.