Privacy softwares needed !

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by hankach, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hankach

hankach Registered Member

Hi all,

Searching the internet , i didn't find exactly the best choice for the following needed softwares, therefore i appreciate much anyone's help

1) To protect folders and files (encryption or access permission ) something efficient and hard to crack

2) To surf anonymously without having malwares inside or to make my system vulnerable.

Kindly let me know abt softwares to buy also .

Thank you for your support.

2. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

3. hankach

Thank you for your answer but true crypt is for all the hard disk can i encrypt a file or a folder separately ??

4. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

5. hankach

Got it , thx !

6. AKA Tank

AKA Tank Registered Member

I use a software called PrivacyView. It does all those things you were looking for and then some. I stumbled across it and downloaded the trial, so I thought I'd spread the love.

7. AKA Tank

AKA Tank Registered Member

8. hankach

Really interesting with many features but doesnt specify what algorithm uses.

9. Genady Prishnikov

Genady Prishnikov Registered Member

That's pretty scary. Not a word about the encryption other than it's "state of the art." That's always a bad sign.

10. hankach

So ? any better choices ??

11. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Give AxCrypt a try: http://www.axantum.com/AxCrypt/ if you don't want to go whole-hog and use TrueCrypt (or use AxCrypt in addition to TrueCrypt, although I really don't know anyone paranoid enough to do that. ;) ). Pete

12. hankach

Which is better in your opinion ?? thank you .

13. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Depends on what you want - if you want speed and ease, go for AxCrypt.

If you absolutely, positively want to be sure about whether the information is secure or not, go with TrueCrypt.

Keep in mind that there's a lot you have to learn with TrueCrypt, and a lot of things that you really need to disable on your computer to get the most security out of it.

Basically, what you need to do is read through the entire TrueCrypt .pdf UserGuide ( http://www.truecrypt.org/docs/ ) until you really understand everything you're reading and know how to deal with it all properly.

It is essential to do this before you ever even attempt to install the program, because if you don't, you'll wind up regretting it from the standpoint of : "Darn, I wish I'd done it that way instead, it would have been better."

It comes down to "How vital is it that this information remain un-obtainable by a third-party?" And how much time you're willing to invest learning. Pete

14. hankach

I will , thks much

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.