Privacy, Second Class

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Notok, Oct 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Notok

Notok Registered Member

http://www.techweb.com/tech/security/51200578

2. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Many people just still can't see the internet's dark side. :(

3. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Why do you think that is?

My own theory is just that people have been so conditioned by TV into that "everything's OK" sleep that they refuse to see it..

4. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

HI guys!

I agree TV numbs the brain - so does sleep deprivation, major stress are all of the things that are keeping people from really concentrating on WHAT is happening around them.

Many people I talk to barely seem to be keeping their lives together, they seem disconnected to alot of what is going on. Worrying about kids, the future, work, commute times, health, the world!!

I guess that is where we come in, to make them aware and watch for them, they will need help in the future, just hope it's not too late.

Identity theft is shooting up, on-line fraud - in the forums at e-bay, there are whole stores that are being "hi-jacked", the owner doesn't find out sometimes for a month or more and it seems there is still no program installed that can protect them!

Glad I came to Wilders'!!!

Marja:cool:

5. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

What I have discovered is that most people I know that buy computers have no idea about software, the internet, etc. It is only when they begin to encounter problems that they slowly realize there is more to it than just getting email. Others I have found are afraid of the computer in that they think they will do something wrong by exploring features. In my humble opinion a computer, in order to run smoothly and reasonably safely must be frequently maintained - failure to do so finds one facing problems.

There can never be enough sites such as Wilders and a few others that I am a member of that keep people apprised along with giving unselfish assistance and advice. Thumbs up to those generous people who offer good, clean software for free to help us maintain our computers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.