Privacy Expert Suite ?'s

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Lurch, Oct 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lurch

Lurch Registered Member

I just purchased this suite of utilities. I would like to know if there is a way I can select cookies to keep. I can find no mention of retaining selective cookies in the manual.

Also, the pop-up blocker will not load. Alert message says module not found.

Guess I should have give this software a trial run, but I was kinda going by the Acronis name. I am running a registered version of True Image, and it is great. It does what I need, and I have had to put it to the test on a couple of occasions, without incident. Hopefully, I can resolve my questions about this Privacy Suite so I can replace Webroot utilities...

2. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I was very disappointed in Privacy Suite also and you are correct - you cannot select the cookies you want to keep :( There is very little 'user' configuration with the spyware scan etc. I was told (a few months ago) that the cookie bit plus other little things I found would be looked at for future builds (still waiting) I uninstalled the program as I did not find it as comprehensive as it stated. Unfortunately I have Power Utilities and Privacy Suite is one of the 'unwanted' components but sad to say even with this I have had no updates at all :(

I have gone back to my individual Pirvacy software as I do have the option to select the cookies I want plus a more comprehensive Spyware scan. Privacy Suite only looks for a very basic list of spyware. Sad to say but I too wasted money on the standalone suite. I have TIv7 but need to re-install this now that I know how to stop the running of 3 services continually.

3. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

yep, same here, dissapointed. too newbie friendly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.