Privacy Expert Suite ?'s

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Lurch, Oct 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lurch

Lurch Registered Member

I just purchased this suite of utilities. I would like to know if there is a way I can select cookies to keep. I can find no mention of retaining selective cookies in the manual.

Also, the pop-up blocker will not load. Alert message says module not found.

Guess I should have give this software a trial run, but I was kinda going by the Acronis name. I am running a registered version of True Image, and it is great. It does what I need, and I have had to put it to the test on a couple of occasions, without incident. Hopefully, I can resolve my questions about this Privacy Suite so I can replace Webroot utilities...

2. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I was very disappointed in Privacy Suite also and you are correct - you cannot select the cookies you want to keep :( There is very little 'user' configuration with the spyware scan etc. I was told (a few months ago) that the cookie bit plus other little things I found would be looked at for future builds (still waiting) I uninstalled the program as I did not find it as comprehensive as it stated. Unfortunately I have Power Utilities and Privacy Suite is one of the 'unwanted' components but sad to say even with this I have had no updates at all :(

I have gone back to my individual Pirvacy software as I do have the option to select the cookies I want plus a more comprehensive Spyware scan. Privacy Suite only looks for a very basic list of spyware. Sad to say but I too wasted money on the standalone suite. I have TIv7 but need to re-install this now that I know how to stop the running of 3 services continually.

3. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

yep, same here, dissapointed. too newbie friendly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.