Privacy Expert Suite expiring

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by dkunstman, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dkunstman

dkunstman Registered Member

After purchasing Privacy Expert Suite 9.0 last year, I started getting messages saying my registered copy is going to expire. I thought I should make others aware of the Acronis licensing. The following is the response from Acronis support to my inquiry of the product expiration. Basically im out the original purchase price. There is no recourse it seems.

<Personal communication removed per the Terms Of Service - Ron>

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2008
  2. dkunstman

dkunstman Registered Member

As a follow up about their licensing terms of service, I received the following in reply on if any of their other products has this concept of "expiring licenses".

This might be a handy email to keep on file in case Acronis tried to pull this with any of their other products. I think that this is a really bad business practice. They could have just said that they are no longer going to support it and not forced the product to expire. I can't think of a single reason why they would need to expire an end of life product and not let folks who purchased it continue to use it w/o support for it.

<Personal communication removed per the Terms Of Service - Ron>

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.