Privacy Expert Suite 9.0.1456 released...

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by dscrap, Apr 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

The newest version of PE has been released, 9.0.1456 on April 7, 2006. What exactly are the changes that have been made? It would be nice if Acronis would have a change log on their site to list the changes in new versions of their software (all software packages).

The last release of PE had many bug and fix requests for feature new and removed. Is it worth upgrading to the latest release or should I continue using PE 8.0? Have any of the requests by forum members been addressed?

Thanks

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Well, I can tell you that on my system, the shield if on full warp factor, no longer hangs the machine on boot up.

Colin

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dscrap,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Internet Privacy and Antispyware Software.

I'm afraid that we do not have the full list of changes made in the update available for our customers. However, you can find the brief description of the update fixes by clicking on the Full history of changes option in the Product Updates section at our web site.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Acronis Support

Please can you say if it will install and work on a WinXP x64 OS.

Thank in advance
    Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

5. WonderWrench

WonderWrench Registered Member

Well it did not fix the hang when loading Privacy Expert Suite. I still have to kill the process from task manager as with the previous build. Task manager shows two instances of PES9 running and killing either one kills both. PES9 will load just fine after this until the next reboot.

It still miss id's Beyond Compare 2 links in the start menu as BeyondKeylogger also.

I uninstalled the previous build rebooted did some cleaning then installed the 1456 build then rebooted so I do not think the problems are left over from the previous build.

6. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

Kirill,
    I went to the updates page and do not see what you are refering to about changes...
    WonderWrench,

Thanks fro the reply. It seems taht all the versions of PE I have ever used have the same problem with hanging when opening. I have the last release prior to the new on installed from a fresh install of XP Pro and so far so good. I know, from past experience, after using the system for a month or so, I will get the hang when startinf. It works fine for a while then just starts happening. I am not sure if it is a registry issue or not, but I have all my normal software installed so it's not a conflict with anything else so far.

Were you able to exclude anything like cookies or downloaded components while scanning or wiping? I and others have been asking for a sort of safe list to be added so we could keep certain files during scans. Nothing has been done so far...

Thanks

7. Acronis Support

Hello all,

I'm afraid that 64-bit operating system support was not implemented in the latest build of Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 9.0. We will certainly do our best in order to implement it in the nearest future.

Please do the following in order to view this option:
    - Please create an account, then log in and register your Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 9.0 product.
    - After that please go to the Product Updates section and click on the registered product name in the List of your registered products.
    - In the expanded description of the product you will be able to see the Full history of changes. option.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

8. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

check that your video drivers are up to date.

That was part though not all of the problem I had with the shield hanging the system on startup.

Colin

9. WonderWrench

WonderWrench Registered Member

No, I still find no way to exclude cookies etc. All I can see fixed is it does not hang my PC if the malware shield loads on startup.

10. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi,Acronis Support: Kirill Omelchenko

Thank you very much for your reply.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

11. jessj

jessj Registered Member

Hi Everybody,

Having waited for a new build of PE9, today I found one, and installed it. Now I am very angry. The malware shield still doesn't work! Although I did not seem to be getting any of the (erroneous) "disk error"s in my (Windows admin.) "Event Viewer" anymore, my computer (XP Home, sp2) suddenly re-booted itself, then after another minute, or so, it re-booted itself again. Fortunately, this was just enough time to allow me to disable both the start-up and service parts of the malware shield. (That was about an hour ago, and it hasn't re-booted since.)

Do Acronis intend to get to the bottom of this before releasing another full version that I would be expected to pay for?

jessj

12. Acronis Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.