Privacy Expert Suite 7 upgrade?

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by uh60limati, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uh60limati

uh60limati Registered Member

Hello,

I was curious. I recently bought the Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 7 on 29 Dec 2004. I notice today that there is a new version, Version 8. I looked on Acronis's web site for a "GRACE" period after a software purchase and didnt find anything.

My question would be;

Since I just purchased the version 7 on 29 Dec 2004, am I entitled to a free upgrade to the current version?

Thank you,

Kip

2. uh60limati

Well, I recieved my answer from Acronis today. It was NOT good! Even though I had purchased the Privacy Expert Suite 7.0 on 29 Dec 2004, i am NOT allowed a free upgrade to Version 8. The majority of software companies have a 60 to 90 day grace period to which if a newer version comes out within that time frame, then you are allowed a one time upgrade. This is not the case with Acronis.

In Dec 2004, they had a Christmas special running on the Privacy Suite 7.0. I jumped on it, because it was really a great deal. Now I know why it was a great deal. Because the new version was coming out in 30 to 60 days anyway. To me it was a masterful marketing scheme to get people to buy a product that will be outdated soon anyway. Because of this, people would have to buy the Upgrade!! Thus doubling their profit.

There was NOT enough consumer information during the December promotional to educate the consumer on the product. If the information were known that a NEWER version would soon be out, I would've waited.

Acronis withheld valuable information to aid the consumer in a purchasing decision. For this reason, I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau to file a formal complaint.

Comsumers HAVE RIGHTS!!

This was a very BAD marketing PHISHING scheme to make a profit.

I will make this known in ALL the forums I am a member of.

ACRONIS, you make excellent products!! But don't sacrifice your obligations to the end user to provide ALL information to make a purchasing decision.

Thank you :mad:

3. uh60limati

Removed Privacy Expert Suite 7 and Guess what? My system is responding more quickly!! Especially, "Right-clicking" and MS Outlook.

Imagine that!!!! :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.