Privacy Expert crashes when doing Entire PC cleanup

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Fredk, May 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fredk

Fredk Guest

I'm using Windows 2000. Whenever I initiate the Complete PC cleanup (either myself or though the schedule), I get an Application Error while it is scanning for items (i.e: The instruction at "0x0050fd15" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read."

Any hints?

2. zebis

zebis Registered Member

hey fredk,

Just a thought, you may have bad blocks on your hard drive or a defective stick of ram.

You can try and download memtest 86. burn it to cd and boot with it to check your ram for errors , other than that check your hard drive for bad blocks.

don't know what else it could be, I searched the internet with the error you have given but no results as of yet.

good luck, hope acronis can figure it out. which they most likely will,

until then try what i said first to be sure it's not a hardware problem.

cheers,

zebis

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Fredk,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Internet Privacy and Antispyware Software.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest (742) build, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/my/products/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

If the problem persists please do the following:

1. Press the Start button, choose Run, type "drwtsn32" and press Enter.
    2. In the dialog that appears check the Log File and Crash Dump paths, then press the OK button.
    3. Run Acronis True Image again.
    4. Pick up the user.dmp and drwtsn32.log files in the directory specified at step 2 and send them to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.