Privacy Expert 8 Error

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Yakiniku, Mar 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yakiniku

Yakiniku Guest

The Error Reporting Message of Windows XP is displayed when I only select Internet Clean-Up, but Sytem Clean-Up is No Problem.
    The following is the displayed message;
    AppName: privacyexpert.exe AppVer: 8.0.0.712 ModName: unknown
    ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 35f769b8
    Is this the problem ? I have already updated to build 712.
    Please tell me about the fix or avoiding it.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Yakiniku,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Privacy Expert Suite (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/privacyexpert/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please create the screenshot of your steps and of the error and send to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread? This will allow us to investigate your problem thoroughly.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. wadestory

wadestory Registered Member

I experienced the same problem and error meesage that Yakiniku described below. Here's the scenario that applies to me. I downloaded and installed Privacy Expert Suite 8.0 and rebooted as directed. I then configured and ran all of the Privacy Expert Suite 8.0 modules successfully. Finally shut down for the evening. Upon startup the next morning, I reran Privacy Expert Suite 8.0. When I selected the Internet Clean-up module, it's page displayed correctly. However, when I selected the Clean Now or the Configure Clean-up Options tasks, the the error message described by Yakiniku appeared. Note that the System Clean-up, Applications Trace Clean-up or Spyware Removal modules still run successfully. FYI - am running Windows XP, SP2. Please advise on corrective action or fix ASAP. Thanks. Wade

4. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

I experienced the same problem and error message that Yakiniku and Wade described.

I downloaded and installed Privacy Expert Suite 8.0.712 and rebooted as directed. I then configured and ran all of the Privacy Expert Suite 8.0 modules successfully. I configured each module the way I wanted them and ran the software again. I had no problems.

Once I restart my computer and try to run PE8 I receive the error as previously described. This occurs each time I try to run the Internet Clean-up module. If I switch to classic view and run entire PC Clean-up, I get the same error. I would assume that this is because Entire PC Clean-up includes Internet Clean-up. I have no problems when I run the other modules.

I am running Windows XP SP2 with IE6. I have the Spyware Shield, Paging File Cleaner, and the Pop Up Blocker functions disabled. What seems to be causing this? Is there a way to fix it?

Thank you.

5. Vasquez

Vasquez Guest

For the record, I am getting the same error although mine seems to happen when running any of the cleanup types (in category or classic mode).

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and this makes no difference.

Basically, it means I can no longer use this product until this bug is fixed...

I'm running build 712 on Windows XP SP2 (with all the MS updates applied) and have Norton AntiVirus & Firewall 2005 and Windows Blinds running (disabling all of those doesn't help).

6. joko

joko Registered Member

Exactly the same problem here. The software does not run simply under SP2 and the suport is quiet. Good services Acronis :mad:

7. zazim

zazim Guest

I have the same error message and problem on two computers. Product is unusable.

8. SHaase

SHaase Registered Member

Answer to Acronis Support,

I have exactly the same problem. Every time when I start-up my PC and the planned cleaning of system and internet components starts, I get an error message "Fehler in Anwendung, die Anweisung in "xxxxxxxx" verweist auf Speicher "xxxxxxxx". Der Vorgang "read" konnte nicht auf dem Speicher durchgeführt werden....

At your message to Yakiniku you suggested him to send a screen shoot to support@acronis.com?

It´s quite interesting, because a week ago I send a complete error reporting with all available screen shoots and a error dump from Dr. Watson to this e-mail address.

But I got no answer until yet, why?

I can only agree with Vasquez. It´s impossible to use this build version! I reinstalled Privacy Expert 7 again at my system.

Btw, the error is absolutly reproducible at boot-up, it comes every time.

When I start the internet cleaning again and again, then this error comes after 5 to 10 tries too.

I add some screen shoots.

In fact such buggy software it seems I´m used like a "beta tester". I thought about to request my money back.

Regards Stefan

Attached Files:

• 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      43.9 KB
      Views:
  9. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

My errors look the same as Shaase's pictures... except they are in English. An acknowledgement of the bug by Acronis would be nice. I think its time to reload my old version of PE or even try Window Washer by Webroot.

10. joko

joko Registered Member

Thanks for the deleting (censor) Acronis. :mad: nice firm :mad: I want my money back.

11. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Joko - your post was removed by a Wilders Security Moderator for offensive/bashing comments. This forum is moderated as are all the forums here at Wilders Security. Please read Wilders Security Forums TOS which you agreed to when you registered here as a member.

12. wadestory

Acronis, please confirm that you have reviewed this string and when you will be able to provide a solution. Thanks, Wade

13. joko

joko Registered Member

New Build 714, old bugs :mad:

14. SHaase

SHaase Registered Member

Hallo,

yes, it's right, I checked the new build #714 too and it still causes the same error at my system.

Bug not yet solved :-(

Regards

15. wadestory

I too updated to version 714 and had the same error message appear after rebooting. Acronis - please confirm to all that you're aware of this problem and what you're timeline is for making a fix available to the community. Thanks.

16. zazim

zazim Guest

Has Acronis even acknowledged that their software doesn't work? I certainly don't see any evidence of that on this thread, which now is apparently the official thread?

The only activity that I see is our poor overworked moderator busily locking threads on this topic and busybodies such as myself and dsCrap posting duplicate threads on the same topic (yes, I noticed that you did the exact same thing that you are criticizing others for doing).

17. joko

joko Registered Member

Hello Acronis what is happening? Your sold software that does not go and where is the support?

18. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

ho hummm

19. SHaase

SHaase Registered Member

So Acronis, we have wait enogh time, your last build 714 is 20 days old. What is the current status? Why we don't see any activities or get no response from you here in the forum about this big error? When will be a new build available with a bug fix that we can use your product? I want a status report!

In advance thank you very much.

Regards Stefan.

20. wadestory

See Privacy expert memoryproblem? string. Thanks.

21. Acronis Support

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Privacy Expert Suite (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/privacyexpert/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

This issue is currently being investigated by Acronis Development Team. Please do the following:

1. Press the Start button, choose Run, type "drwtsn32" and press Enter.
    2. In the dialog that appears check the Log File and Crash Dump paths, then press the OK button.
    3. Run Acronis True Image again.
    4. Pick up the user.dmp and drwtsn32.log files in the directory specified at step 2 and send them to support@acronis.com along with the screenshot of the error (if you haven't yet).

This will allow us to investigate the problem more thoroughly and find the soution sooner. If you don't get any response from Acronis Support Team please let me know your Acronis request # which will be sent to you in autoreply.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

22. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

Dr Watson Instructiuons Incorrect, no log file

Ilya Toytman at Acronis Support,

Your information is incorrect. Dr Watson will not produce a log file for the error in PE8.

First off, the folder that contains the log files is a hidden windows folder. You need to change your windows setting to view hidden windows folders and files first.

Even after doing this, running PE8 and allowing it to crash does not produce the log files. I have gone through this with your email support already.

Please do not further confuse the situation by having numerous people attempt to find and email you files that are not produced or located using your instructions.

I am using XP Pro SP2 and doubt that Dr Watson works in XP Home to produce the log files either. If I am incorrect, someone please post a reply.

I can see why it is taking so long to fix the bugs, you are looking for files that do not exist. If your programming department did not know this, then they should not be programming for the Windows XP platform.

D Scrap

23. Acronis Support

Re: Dr Watson Instructiuons Incorrect, no log file

Hello dscrap,

Please note that Dr Watson works in all Windows system (at least from Windows 98 and Windows NT 4.0 to Windows XP and Windows 2003 Server). I am sorry for not mentioning that you need to get to "Tools" -> "Folder Options" -> "View" tab and set to show hidden files and folders.

The error described above must be reflected in the log file if all the settings describe in my previous post set up correctly.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

24. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

bump.

25. SHaase

SHaase Registered Member

Dear Acronis Support,

please note that I already have sent an e-mail with a complete error description including an error dump of dr. watson and screen shoots to "support@acronis.com".

I did it beginning of march but got no answer from "support@acronis.com", neither an automatic answer with an request # nor from any Acronis technican.

Why is my message lost at Acronis? Should I sent it again?

Best regards Stefan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.