Privacy Expert 7

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Privacy expert 7, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have just got the privacy expert suite 7. I am wishing to clear out my internet history, internet temp folders and other internet files that get backed up while browsing the net.

I wish however to keep my web page favourites list and passwords to sites details in the firefox browser i use if that is possible.

Like i say I use firefox mostly and occasionally the internet explorer browser.

I clicked on "one click internet clean up" in the privacy expert program. And it said it would take 24 minutes to clean.

After that twenty four minutes nothing was gone, my history folders in both firefox and i.e were still full. Autocomplete web page entries in firefox were still there too. So can i ask what did i do wrong?. Is there a way i can completely clear out my internet history, temp folders and other files that get stored while web browsing the net with this product or have i chose the wrong product.

Also i would like this deleation of web history, cache and internet temp folders to be perminent and non recoverable, someone who recommended this product to me suggested it deleates to US department of defence standards is that possible with the internet cleanup too.

So can this product do all this and if so how do i do it?

Thank you for your help

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello,

Thank you for purchasing Acronis Privacy Expert Suite (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/privacyexpert/).

We regret to inform you that the current version of Acronis Privacy Expert Suite doesn't support Mozilla Firefox. However, we are going to release a new version, Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 8.0, and it will support Mozilla Firefox browser.

Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 7.0 fully support MS Internet Explorer browser. Please right-click on the 'Internet Clean-up' wizard and choose 'Properties'. After that you will be able to select all the data you want to be deleted and also the 'Data destruction method'.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

3. Thank you for your quick reply.

With what you have said can i ask do you know when version 8 will be released.

Is it a long way off or will it be relesed in the near future, hopefully this month or next.

Thank you

4. Acronis Support

Hello,

We expect Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 8.0 to be released very soon, presumably in a month or so. We have several release candidates and now our Testing Team is finishing its work and our Development Team is fixing the last bugs found.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. SJTuk

SJTuk Guest

I reported my severe crash error with the Hard Disc Free Space Wipe functionality on 8th March 2004 - Acronis Ticket Number 53419 - nearly one year ago. Still the problem remains unsolved and persists.

Will Privacy Expert 8.0 solve this problem?

Will a free upgrade be available to people like me who have had a major error with Privacy Expert 7.0 fo such a long period of time ?

Please advise.

6. Acronis Support

Dear Steven,

We expect this problem to be resolved in Acronis Privacy Expert 8.0. We will certainly provide you with a free upgrade to Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 8.0.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

7. SJTuk

SJTuk Guest

Many thanks Andrew.

How do I go about arranging my free upgrade ?

Rgds

Steven T

8. Acronis Support

Hello Steven,

As soon as Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 8.0 is released please send a letter to support@acronis.com with the link to this thread and indicate in the subject of the letter that you want to contact either Andrew Berezovsky or Ilya Toytman. We will provide you with the instructions for getting free upgrade.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

9. theparanoid

theparanoid Guest

from what i read u still did not do this in 8, even though i was told when 7 was release that u plan to do in the future, and even though u stated here you would.

10. Acronis Support

11. theparanoid

theparanoid Guest

realy it those? that funny i just tried the demo. And not support no recoginze of fire fox.

So i guess you are lying. Or your software those not do what you say. Of course you never did state that your product only works with IE.

12. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, theparanoid

There is no need to say something like that to Ilya, there may be a reason as to why the Demo does no recognize Firefox.

I for one have used Privacy Expert for a numbers of years with Firefox and have had no trouble cleaning Firefox with Privacy Expert.

What Acronis is doing with Privacy Expert Suite 8 is just make easier to use for those who are not able to use the older builds in the way that is easy. [but is not that hard]

To clean Firefox with an older build is done by:- Starting Privacy Expert>Entire PC clean-up>Properties>System Components>Custom folders/files>Add>C:\[if not C:\ where ever you installed]>Documents and settings\folder>[name of user]\Applications Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profile\[then the name of]default folder\then check \Cookie.txt\history.dat\Cache, ect.

The rest is up to you to learn theparanoid and first thing to learn is to stop calling Ilya or any other person a Liar until you have all the facts and then if they are wrong in their reply, Liar is still is too strong a word, unless they using it for Deception, the word to use should that they are Mistaken they have Made a Mistake in their reply.

The second thing is to do is to Learn How to use your Demo.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

13. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Listen to TheQuest, "theparanoid." I have removed another of your posts which was nothing but similar unfounded accusations bordering on bashing. Further personal remarks will definitely not be tolerated.

14. Acronis Support

Hello all,

We regret to inform that currently Firefox support is suspended because of a problem with the corresponding module. Please read the thread https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=68019 where I have already admitted my mistake.

Please accept our apologies for the temporary inconvinience.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

15. theparanoid

theparanoid Guest

unfound bashing? Really? Read the post above this one were he admits he did not speak the truth and was wrong. That is a lie.

Having to make extra steps to add support is not supporting a product. If i am told a product support it with no instructions on how to do this then I have to beleive it those so out of the box.

When i first bought version 7 I was told it did not support it.

I find it strange that I point out a lie and I stated to be making unfound bashing.

But i guess it ok for a company to lie to custmer and it wrong for a custmer to point out the lie.

Quest, as for learning I contact them when 7 came out and was told it could not be done. Had i know about the other method, perhapes my response would not been as critcal, but at the same token. Acronis makes the same post with no further information.

16. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

theparanoid,

I suggest that you carefully consider the meaning behind the words you choose to use. It does not matter whether English is your first language or not in this case, you have quite consciously and deliberately chosen the manner in which your statements are made.

Miscommunication and lying are two very different things.

It seems clear that Firefox support was in the targeted feature set for version 8. It also seems clear that this facility was pulled sometime before release due to some type of issue. It is not unusual that last minute changes are not cleanly communicated down the support line. It is certainly unfortunate, but it is not without precedence for many vendors. Although I cannot think of the specific cases at the moment, I do know that I've contacted vendors regarding new features promised in updated releases, only to be told that they did not make the x.0 cut due to problems. Sometimes this was cleanly communicated to me on the initial contact, sometimes not. In both types of cases the support staff provided me with their most current information in good faith.

As the correction above demonstrates, the Acronis support team does make a good faith effort to provide timely and correct information. Your statements are completely without merit.

Blue

17. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

"theparanoid," your reply has been removed.

You edited out the important part of the definition which includes "intentional."

I might also suggest you research the American First Amendment if you wish to attempt invoking it.

This issue is over.

18. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Another such post removed - the few words which were legible were enough to let me know this needs locked - so be it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.