privacy badger vs ublock or both

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by mattdocs12345, Sep 21, 2015.

1. mattdocs12345

mattdocs12345 Registered Member

which one is better? or should I use both or are they redundant?

2. imdb

imdb Registered Member

3. anon

anon Registered Member

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2961068/privacy/eff-tracker-smashing-privacy-badger-exits-beta.html

4. summerheat

summerheat Registered Member

Since the article was published a lot has happened, e.g., that there is now uBlock and (the much better) uBlock Origin. And while it is positive about uBlock, this remark is nonsense:
    The Disconnect filter lists are also available in uBlock Origin, so it blocks at least as much as Disconnect. In combination with the other filterlists it blocks actually much more. And it blocks even more if you block all 3rd party domains in Dynamic Filtering.

5. harsha_mic

harsha_mic Registered Member

Yes, the conclusion seems rather inconclusive!!
    The article fails to show what it was not blocking?

6. quietman

quietman Registered Member

I've been using uBlock Origin and Privacy Badger together on a W7 machine for some months now , with no problems .
    They play very nicely together and have different aims , as mentioned above in this thread.

On a side note , Privacy Badger comes from EFF , who deserve our utmost support in my opinion.
    They are constantly fighting for the right to personal privacy on behalf of every internet user in the world.

I have no connection with EFF , but I admire their aims and actions , and I promote them whenever I can.

7. summerheat

summerheat Registered Member

I agree but this doesn't change the fact that there is no benefit in using Privacy Badger alongside uBlock Origin.

8. ComputerSaysNo

ComputerSaysNo Registered Member

I found Privacy Badger would crash uBlock Origin in Chrome. I ditched Privacy badger because it clashed.

IMHO uBlock Origin is the only adblocker you need if you check all blocking scipts. You don't need anything else.

9. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

I have tried all and picked Ghostery, I do not care about blocking ADs or tracking, but webpages seem to load much faster with it.