Privacy and anonymity

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by spy1, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

2. eyes-open

eyes-open Registered Member

Just to add that I've given this a quick run - as it says there is no DNS leak (tested at GRC) and according to auditmypc.com they couldn't detect I was using a proxy.

I've got a 1MB DSL connection - surfing times are obviously affected - but not to the point where the service is more trouble than it's worth.

Even if you are used to delays with liveCD's - the initial delay when launching the browser (Firefox) is more than you may be used to and there is a lot of disc activity - hang in there .......you're disc probably isn't slipping and the browser will eventually launch.

As a way of life - No . ...........As another tool in the box - Yes.

3. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hi,
    I have a critical question.
    How do you connect to the internet.
    For instance, i use broadband dial-up with a vpn that dials to my isp, while being rather permanently connected to the cable network.
    So if I boot from the cd, what then?
    Create my own dialer and dial in with my isp username and password? Or something else? I tried this with BartPE and Ultimate Boot CD for Windows live cds and could not successfully connect to my isp.
    So, any wild ideas?
    Mrk

4. GUI_Tex

GUI_Tex Registered Member

It's possible to run it with vmware, I suppose, I'm still in trouble trying to figure out how to connect with vmware, my firewall doesnt ask to accept connections, and so it doesnt connect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.