Privacy and anonymity

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by spy1, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

2. eyes-open

eyes-open Registered Member

Just to add that I've given this a quick run - as it says there is no DNS leak (tested at GRC) and according to auditmypc.com they couldn't detect I was using a proxy.

I've got a 1MB DSL connection - surfing times are obviously affected - but not to the point where the service is more trouble than it's worth.

Even if you are used to delays with liveCD's - the initial delay when launching the browser (Firefox) is more than you may be used to and there is a lot of disc activity - hang in there .......you're disc probably isn't slipping and the browser will eventually launch.

As a way of life - No . ...........As another tool in the box - Yes.

3. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hi,
    I have a critical question.
    How do you connect to the internet.
    For instance, i use broadband dial-up with a vpn that dials to my isp, while being rather permanently connected to the cable network.
    So if I boot from the cd, what then?
    Create my own dialer and dial in with my isp username and password? Or something else? I tried this with BartPE and Ultimate Boot CD for Windows live cds and could not successfully connect to my isp.
    So, any wild ideas?
    Mrk

4. GUI_Tex

GUI_Tex Registered Member

It's possible to run it with vmware, I suppose, I'm still in trouble trying to figure out how to connect with vmware, my firewall doesnt ask to accept connections, and so it doesnt connect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.