Priority changed to low

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by br1229, Jun 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. br1229

br1229 Registered Member

I am using the latest build of ATI home ver.9. I noticed in the log viewer that the last several times that I created a backup image, there is a "warning 100 11 (0x64000B)", priority changed to low priority.
    What is causing this?

br1229

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I think in the latest build, the priority defaults to Low, at least for scheduled backups.

You can set the default to Normal in the backup options.

sh

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello br1229,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that as shieber said the default setting for backup priority is set to "Low". You can change it in Tools -> Options... -> Backup priority from the main Acronis True Image window.

The priority of any process, running in a system, determines the amount of CPU usage and system resources allocated to that process. Decreasing the backup priority will free more resources for other CPU tasks. Increasing of backup priority may speed up the backup process due to taking resources from the other currently running processes. The effect will depend on total CPU usage and other factors.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If you run ATI while away from the keyboard, then the middle setting works fine. If you plan to do imaging while typing, you'll probalby appreciate the low priority setting that will reduce lags between keystrokes and response. If you aren't at the keyboard, the diff between low and middle shouldn't matter that much, i.e., with little else using resources, the speed of ATI shouldn't be much slowed down by using the low priority.

so it makes sense for Low to be the default, imo.

sh

5. br1229

br1229 Registered Member

Thanks everybody for the explanation. That makes sense.
    It was the warning in the log file that threw me.

br1229

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.