Prior trial of KAV won't go away

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by RobZee, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobZee

RobZee Registered Member

As an avocation, I trial various security programs, especially AV's, FW's Anti Spyware, AT's and the like. Occasionally I end up challenged by some of the situations I create in the process.
    Specifically, I must have been trialing KAV 6 beta recently and due to some system error that ocurred while I was doing that, I ended up with KAV 6 as an aborted installation which I can't remove using Control Panel or any other uninstallers. Using the search tool and registry cleaners, I have removed alot of KAV orphan items.
    However, I still can't install the current beta of KAV 6.0-I get a message that the program is already installed and terminates the new installation attempt. Could this be due to some residual references to KAV 6 in the Registry? I have not explored that possibility. Also, I was able to install KAV 5.0 Personal and get it fully functional with no problems.
    I am running XP Home and other programs are not affected. Any suggestions?

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

You should have tried uninstalling in safemode before using the "Rambometode". ;) :D

In the betasection of the Kaspersky forum there should sometime later today be some advices on uninstalling when the uninstaller is corrupted, in this thread. :)

3. RobZee

RobZee Registered Member

Thanks for your reply & links. I know I compounded my errors with my attempts.
    I have now successfully removed it KAV after extensive use of RegSeeker & have been able to reinstall it again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.