Prior trial of KAV won't go away

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by RobZee, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobZee

RobZee Registered Member

As an avocation, I trial various security programs, especially AV's, FW's Anti Spyware, AT's and the like. Occasionally I end up challenged by some of the situations I create in the process.
    Specifically, I must have been trialing KAV 6 beta recently and due to some system error that ocurred while I was doing that, I ended up with KAV 6 as an aborted installation which I can't remove using Control Panel or any other uninstallers. Using the search tool and registry cleaners, I have removed alot of KAV orphan items.
    However, I still can't install the current beta of KAV 6.0-I get a message that the program is already installed and terminates the new installation attempt. Could this be due to some residual references to KAV 6 in the Registry? I have not explored that possibility. Also, I was able to install KAV 5.0 Personal and get it fully functional with no problems.
    I am running XP Home and other programs are not affected. Any suggestions?

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

You should have tried uninstalling in safemode before using the "Rambometode". ;) :D

In the betasection of the Kaspersky forum there should sometime later today be some advices on uninstalling when the uninstaller is corrupted, in this thread. :)

3. RobZee

RobZee Registered Member

Thanks for your reply & links. I know I compounded my errors with my attempts.
    I have now successfully removed it KAV after extensive use of RegSeeker & have been able to reinstall it again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.