printer problems

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by lillonewolf12a, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lillonewolf12a

lillonewolf12a Registered Member

i know what phantom was talking about with using a internal or local
    internet, my printer uses spoolsv.exe to initiate lxcqpswx.exe to
    to enable communication between the printer and the computer.
    It uses tcp ip to link bidirectionally. All of this is done thru the cable thou not by wifi or anything, it is a usb printer with the wifi disabled, it just needs the ports to say they are available. Everytime i forget to hit direct connect it jams the printer and i have to unplug everything. I kind of understand checking on programs starting others but not a printer spool driver that is needed just to down load a page. It would be nicer to have a way to disable the checking for opening a new program with another program.In the version 2.06 v4 i think, my printer was not stopped from starting or spooling to print a page? I usually clear all my apps when i shut down my computer and internet connection so i know if anything is trying to send or load information the next time, I wish there was a plugin or rie to fix this.

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Don't just 'Just this time' or 'Just this session' for application filtering alerts relating to Network Printer usage. And are you saying that also there is no Internet filtering rule to permit communication aswell?

Regards,
    Phant0m``

3. lillonewolf12a

lillonewolf12a Registered Member

no phantom if you hit direct connection it will work about half the time
    sometimes i still have to go in and authorize it manually and by that time
    my printer has tried to spool and jams. I have to take the printer apart
    and unjam it , it is such a a pain , it never did this with the old version
    of looknstop 2.06. I have to reformat my computer soon and will
    probably just use the old version when i do. I do wish that fredrick would
    put a way to disable, the checking on other programs opening a program, on the 2.07 version thou or make a rule for not checking the spool server so anyone with a cannon printer or network printer would not have this problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.