&%$#@*&#@ Printer Issue... :( HELLLP! Please...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ZangoLady, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZangoLady

ZangoLady Registered Member

hello to everyone here... I hope you're having a better day than I...

Can anyone give me some insight as to why my stupid HP Deskjet 990cxi Professional Series Printer always forces me to uninstall the printer and software for it, each time I install new or refilled ink?

This problem is such a royal pain! As soon as the printer tell me ink is getting low, and I should install new ink, I do what it tells me to, then the light on the printer, for the ink, comes on, stating something isn't coshure with the ink... if I clean the back of the ink points, sometimes that will cure the probem and the light goes out, other times, I have to totally uninstall and shut down system, then, reinstall, shut down system, then add printer, turn on system, then, and only then, will the light go out...

System is, 333 Celeron Processor, with 320 RAM, 3 h/d (2 are slaves) CD ROM Reader/writer, WinXP Pro O/S with service pkg 1. (refuse to install service pck 2 due to instability issues I've read bout.) My system is unstable enough, thanx... ;-P

I'm at the end of my rope with this printer, but, I'm also not in a position of purchasing another one at this time, so, any useful thoughts would be appreciated. [​IMG]

Thanx a bunch.

Zangolady

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

ZangoLady

Have you tried support? The answer may or may not be there. That's where I would start.

HP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.