Pricing

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by crotale26, Sep 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crotale26

crotale26 Registered Member

price and date of finaly version of ESS ?

Do you know the future price of ESS?

Do you know the average date of the finaly version of ESS ( no beta ) ?

thanks

2. Arpeggione

Arpeggione Registered Member

Re: price and date of finaly version of ESS ?

Hello,

To follow !

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

The prices vary from country to country /regions , so when it finally comes out , you'll need to contact the local reseller/distributor/some kind of ESET representative for more info... For sure current license holders for NOD32 v2 for Windows will upgrade for free to v3 of Eset Antivirus.

No , this is not public information . They for sure have some borders/deadlines but they are some kind of internal deadlines . This can well change because of many many reasons . I personally think it should be the end of this year - 2007 (at least the stanalone AV is almost ready , I think) . :thumb:

4. crotale26

hi,

i haven't all understood, i'm french, i live inthe neigbourhood of paris.

I'm not interested by AV protection, i look for complete protection like ESS.

If th price is unknown, that it could be change by a lot a reasons.

I plan to change my web protection software, but, this software won't work last to 20 of octobre this week...

Do you think that the commercial version of ESS will be out.

Thanks for this information and have a good time

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , the price is still unknown but it must be ready and known by the time the product goes final and is presented officially by ESET.

I cannot guarantee that it will be ready by 20th October . But ...

If you plan to change your security product and you like ESET products - simply buy NOD32 version 2 , install it and use it along with other firewall (such as Windows Firewall or another 3rd party firewall , there are plenty of free firewalls as well) . When the final version of ESET Smart Security suit is ready , you will already be an ESET customer and you'll be able to upgrade to ESS cheap . The money ~ will be the same.

6. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

When my license comes up for renewal in Oct I believe I will renew whether ESS is officially released or not. If the only product that ESET had available was the antivirus alone it would be worth using. 2.5 is a most impressive product. I just have tried the ESS beta again & since I tried it last it has improved into a usable product. The final release will be in my estimation a most impressive product. The only thing lacking from the suite at this point is a HIPS module & I am starting to think that HIPS can cause just as much damage as it prevents. I for one am looking forward to ESS' release whenever it comes out.

7. crotale26

What does it mean "HIPS", can you explain me, or translate in french, i don't understand

Thanks

8. scaa

scaa Registered Member

Now that that RC1 has been released some indication of upgrade prices should be known. Anyone has any knowledge ?

9. ASpace

ASpace Guest

In ESET RC doesn't mean fully ready product - it still has some things to be polished . When the final version of ESS gets ready , they will have some ideas about the prices . It is still early to think about that , I think :thumb:

10. marmk

marmk Registered Member

afaik prices should be revealed to distributors at end of first week in october, they should be officially released at end of october

11. veri

veri Registered Member

Mon français n'est pas super, mais:

Nous ne savons pas certainement quand ESS (a) sera fini, ou (b) combien il coûtera.

"HIPS"... en français mais pas particulier, fr.wikipedia.org; en anglais si tu peux le comprendre bien, en.wikipedia.org.

J'espère que c'est utile...

--

(English speakers: just saying we don't know when ESS is going to be finished or how much it'll cost; added a couple of HIPS Wikipedia links, as I'm unsure how to best explain in French.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.