prevx1 and windows firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by lodore, Sep 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

HI

i was wondering if prevx1 and windows firewall would give me same protection as a normal firewall? and of course ive then got the rest of protection from prevx1.

i mean i could get kav prevx1 and also use windows firewall.

or i could use kav prevx1 windows firewall and loook n stop but thats three apps rather than two.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

yes it would more or less give u the same protection. just set prevx1 to pro or expert modes if u want to receive the alerts for outbound network access.

3. Drew99GT

Drew99GT Registered Member

It has to be in expert mode; I just did the PCflank leak test and it passed! Won't do anything in abc or pro because pcflank is a known application to prevx.

And a word of caution when prevx is in expert: you think you get pop-ups with your firewall? Holy mother! This thing will pop up for each little ad in a web page! I don't know if you'd want to use it in expert like this but if something unknown tries to go outbound even in abc mode, it'll get stopped.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

omg i hate popups lol. i can deal with em but they can be annoying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.