Prevx1 AND/OR CyberHawk ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Perman, Nov 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: These two apps are very hot commodities on this forum, fair assessment? I have tested both, still could not reach final conclusion. Both use community-bases data bank to analyze users's inputs. From what I have learned so far. CH is a behavior blocker(supported by pattern analysis ?), while Prevx 1 is an anti-malware, supported by online central database. Can they both get along? or one is superior to the other? Hard to pick when both are so good. Help!o_O

2. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I used Cyberhawk together with Prevx for several days. They got along splendidly. My present combo is SSM + CH. I prefer SSM to Prevx because I am a control freak.

In my opinion Prevx + CH will provide superb protection with almost zero burden upon the user.

3. redpower

redpower Registered Member

PrevX or Cyberhawk

Which one complements my security software better? I currently use:

Firefox w/ NoScript
    Router
    Antivir PEC
    Winpatrol
    Spywareblaster and MVPS Hosts File
    Script Defender

I've heard that cyberhawk has a tendency to lock-up and be incompatible with certain software. I also think that PrevX uses a lot of memory (40MB), but i have 1gig of ram, and the fact that PrevX fails in so many tests, makes me concerned about the effectiveness of the product. I have also tried SSM Free, but it seems a little too complicated to me.

4. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

And/ or? I'd say or. Using one is fine, i think. Which one? I'm a Prevx1 fan so far. So bias will play here.:)
    Prevx1

5. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

I like the fact that Cyberhawk did better than Prevx1 in the Gizmo's testing that was done, and it ran light on my system when it was installed. I like the idea of Prevx 1, but if CH would have found something on my PC, it would have remained free and since Prevx1 doesn't, besides CH doing better than Prevx1 in the Gizmo's Test, this would also be a deciding factor for me.

6. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Running fine together here.
    Not sure if any real synergism but no obvious conflict ..... yet.
    System occasionally seems a bit slower: just observation.

Running alongside:
    BOClean
    NAV/NIS
    other on demand scanners according to taste.
    Sandboxie for browsing when needed and some trial installs: have noted issues with installs and this combo previously: Prevx reached inside the sandbox when I didn't want it to when a kernel level driver was being installed.( couldn't do that anyway in Sandboxie as I later found out)
    No real issues with browsing (FF 2.0.0.1 with NoScript, AdBlock etc) and Dl's

Notok has addressed this (CH & PX) issue here:
    http://www.castlecops.com/t174719-Prevx1_And_Novatix_Cyberhawk.html

Last edited: Dec 29, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.