Prevx

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ThunderZ, Nov 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Have played with Prevx (free) a bit while looking for a basic "set and forget" security app. for the Wifes` PC. It seems in older versions there was an option for "Trusted Installs". I no longer see that option. Am I missing it, has it been removed? Thanks in advance.

2. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

If it is unknown to Prevx1, upon installation just answer "Yes this is an installation". That should do it.

But be sure what you're installing. Well this applies to everything:D

edit: i see your no. of posts. Sorry for the last part. I had to have a punch line, you know...

3. ThunderZ

;) No problem. The amount of posts is not always equal to the amount of knowledge. :D Thanks for the info.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

if it was I would be NO1 most of the time :D
    lodore

5. ghiser1

ghiser1 Developer

Prevx1 has intelligent installation tracking so trusted installation mode is no longer needed. For many installations you won't be queried at all. For the majority of installations, indicating that it is an installation on the first query is all you need. You will be fully protected during installation.

If you get more than a handful of popups in ABC mode (the default) during any installation, please report it to Prevx support so we can review it.

6. ThunderZ

Sorry for the delay in replying. Have installed it and all is going well. Set it up to the level above ABC. think the Wife can handle that. ;) A question though. It detects and jails "ATI2EVXX.EXE". The majority of info. I find states this is related to ATI graphics drivers and their hot key feature. The PC is running an ATI card with the hot key poller feature disabled. I allowed Prevx to jail it with no noticed ill affects. Is this a known issue\FP?

7. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

That's strange indeed. I have that, what ever it is lol, and it's not in jail.o_O

8. ThunderZ

hmmmmm. The mystery deepens. o_O

9. muf

muf Registered Member

I also have that file and Prevx1 doesn't alert. It's in my System32 folder. Where is yours?

muf

10. ThunderZ

System32 as well. :rolleyes:

11. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

yep System32, check:blink:

12. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

update your ATI drivers, and then update Prevx1.

i dont remember how to delist the file from the jail though. i think u have to run a scan.

13. ThunderZ

Thanks WSFuser. Would seem to be a false positive, so I`m not overly concerned. Will check for updated graphics drivers then update Prevx as suggested. Thanks all for the input. :thumb:

14. Notok

Notok Registered Member

The updates are just for software updates. To see if the file has been changed to Good just double-click on it in the Holding Cell/Jail/Probation. If that file is still marked bad, click the "Disagree with us?" link (please) and we'll get it fixed for everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.