Prevx vs Keylogger

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by CloneRanger, Aug 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Found this and did some tests against my security. It installs without a reboot :thumb: and it's not listed in programs :thumb: presumeably as it's installed on D:\ not C:\

I can see it listed in TM applications as AthTek Keylogger :thumbd: and in processes as winsrv.exe :thumbd:

av.gif

So disabled my AV

not c.gif

pg.gif

So disabled Pg

Allowed all these

z1.gif

z2.gif

Next

2. CloneRanger

zs.gif

Got another from Zemana alerting to keyboard logging

It wanted to connect out, but ZA alerted and i blocked it.

Captured keys on HTTPS google

clip-google.gif

Captured screen on HTTPS hotmail, but NO passwords captured in the log

scr-hot.gif

List of captures

lman.gif

Not a peep out of Prevx in this time, but as passwords weren't captured, i guess it was silenty blocking those. Screen capture and general Keylogging and Clipboard capture, however = Fail

Explanations please

3. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

We've tested this rather extensively now and have not reproduced any problems in blocking it. Could you try uninstalling Antilogger and see if you have better results? SafeOnline + ZAL have a known incompatibility between which could potentially be the cause for your unblocked data.

Let me know what you find!

4. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Hey There CloneRanger

Were you running SOL on max settings??

Really like alot of your posts on this forum. Keep up the good work.

5. CloneRanger

@ PrevxHelp

You mean since i posted about it or before ?

I'm a bit busy now, but may do at some point. Could you try installing Antilogger and see if you have similar results ? :p

I thought you where in contact with each other about such things, and had sorted out any issues ? From what you said "some" issues are apparently still outstanding. Are these likely to be fixed soon, and in the meantime is Prevx jumping in with some things, and Zemana the others to protect, or is there a chance of collision and/or failed protection in "some" way/s ?

Let me know what you find :D

@ tobacco

See here Post 60 - https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=278777&page=3

Why thank you :) Some of yours aren't too bad either :D

6. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Since you've posted about it, we've tested on a clean VM with a new install of SafeOnline with a full P30/SafeOnline license key (equivalent to the Facebook version merged with a malware detection/cleanup/removal license).

I've tried it now and indeed the screen logging is not blocked by Prevx (although it is blocked by Zemana) but the keylogging is still blocked by Prevx properly :doubt:

From what I've seen here (and the main reason why the two products still do work together) is that when Zemana and Prevx are installed together, the parts that are incompatible are covered by the other application. We are speaking with them to try to get this resolved but it isn't straightforward as the products are trying to do precisely the same thing for part of the protection :)

If you're still seeing it not block them, we can certainly take a look remotely if you'd be interested, but let me know what you'd like us to do! :)

7. CloneRanger

@ PrevxHelp

Hi,

You mean ALL keylogging, or just on HTTPS www's and self included ones ? Because on my tests, it wasn't just Screen capture that failed, but also general Keylogging and Clipboard capture :(

But that's good :thumb:

Yes that's what i thought, but as long as there are NO fatal collisions or lock up's etc, then it's just a matter of who intercepts first. And as long as either one does, as indeed they do, that's fine with me :thumb:

I am reassured by your testing and comments, that you confirm that they will both Fully protect when working together So i don't think i need to test anymore with this KL as we know the outcome.

I hope you find out why the screen logging is not blocked by Prevx and that whatever fix you do apply doesn't cause issues with Zemana etc.

Glad i was able to alert you to all of this, and hope you found it helpful :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.