Prevx update--seems tighter

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by BrainWarp, Oct 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrainWarp

BrainWarp Registered Member

Just updated prevx beta and it seems alot tighter on security than before.When i go to update drweb it ask me 8 times do i want to continue.My son is unable to play starcraft now while prevx is running.

Update and let me know how yours is doing.

2. chew

chew Registered Member

Yes, I think so too. When I did my live update on my AV yesterday it kept asking me for permission.

But I love it.

:D

3. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

I recently started using Prevx along with my regular AV and Spyware progs. As I see it (and I don't mean this to sound negative), it's alerts are confusing at best and often disruptive during legitimate downloads (it doesn't seem to 'learn' that my other automatic updates are ok)! :rolleyes:

4. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

I have set a lot of new settings off. only the settings regarding to windows and dll's are on and off course the bufferoverflow thing. the rest is allready captured with regrun...;)

5. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I really like the new update, although I do really wish they would change the format of the alert screen a little. I think a lot of confusion could be avoided just by centering some things and changing the font size on others. It would make it easier to see what's going on quickly, and would make the user less likely to just 'allow' everything. Overall, though, I'm very happy with where Prevx is going, it's becoming very comprehensive and covering a lot of ground that other programs do not.

6. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

In the help manuel > Alerts > remembering a query response >advanced options > Remember answer for > this will either be " This secured object and process " or " All secured objects protected by this security setting and process" and then check "dont ask me this again ( if you know it to be a legit .
    I have only found on start up one program , and that be TDS3 that caused numerous alerts until I allowed it . I dont receive any alerts for updates of software though .

7. Notok

Notok Registered Member

It probably depends on what happens during the update. If it has to actually update the core program it should alert you, but probably not if you're just downloading virus signatures. Prevx now alerts to any attempt to create or change exe, dll, batch files, and screen savers in the program files directories, as well as if anything tries to use the default temp directories.

8. i installed prevx today, but all of the alert windows arented centered. i cant view them, so that caused alot of problems for me. does neone know how to fix this? ive gotten lots of prompts but i couldnt allow many of the changes

9. BrainWarp

BrainWarp Registered Member

Prevx is not suppose to be centered.It shows up on bottem right side---you problem might be that your resolution is set too low on your moniter? and you can't see all of the prevx popup.

10. the alerts actually appear on the very top right, i can barely see the bottom of the window. and my resolution is at 1024 x 768. anyways i have since uninstalled prevx since i feel my old computer doesnt need too many security apps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.