PrevX Support

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Gasp, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gasp

Gasp Registered Member

I don't think my PrevX is working. I have just loaded up a movie which tried downloading a codec 63 KB in size. VirusTotal PrevX shows it as a TDSS Rootkit, also HitmanPro PrevX also confirms a Rootkit. However a scan on my pc shows nothing.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I did the obvious uninstall and reinstall which has fixed the non-detection issue but Right-Click Scan doesn't do anything.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  2. pkidza

pkidza Registered Member

I would maybe log a call with their support? I read somewhere on here I think that they can remotely connect to your computer to sort stuff out and that they guarentee removal.

3. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Yes they can do that. Myself have had a few remote sessions in the past. It's crazy seeing somebody on other end taking control over your PC. Anyhow, you don't need to be afraid because you see everything what is happening on your PC and you can interact it anytime.

4. vojta

vojta Registered Member

Wait until you need a prostate examination, now that's fun.

5. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

We definitely recommend writing into our tech support - http://www.prevx.com/support - to get our research team involved and possibly schedule a remote support session. We're in the process of a significant upgrade to our tech support as well so I suspect you'll have a good experience! :) Let me know if you have any questions or any difficulty getting in contact with the rest of the support team.

6. PC__Gamer

PC__Gamer Registered Member

Lol yeah, it is quite funny to see someone controlling your machine, as for prevx's support, joe was messing around on my machine on new years eve, can't grumble with that!

Even if I did have to rush him ready for my evening lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.