Prevx/SOL bug?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by m00nbl00d, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I just experienced an interesting behavior. I disabled Prevx/SOL monitoring.

But, first a bit of info. I have "installed" different "installs" of Chromium in my relative's system. Instead of having one simple install with different profiles, there are different installs, each with its own profile. There are reasons for this approach, but not within the topic. :D

Anyway, while using one of the installs I disabled Prevx monitoring, which on its turn also disable SOL protection. This is the intended behavior.

Moments ago, I opened a different Chromium install (as in, a different chrome.exe), that I've defined to allow access only to Youtube, and to my surprise SOL loaded in the browser, and it also opened for any other Chromium install as well.

I checked Prevx tray icon and it shows Monitoring is disabled, but the UI shows SOL as being active.

I don't think this is normal?

Also, when I disabled Monitoring, I chose to reenable on reboot, but a simple session logoff/logon suffices to reenable Prevx monitoring. :D

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

The monitoring of SafeOnline and the monitoring for infections are held differently. You may want to disable SafeOnline entirely (by clicking the On/Off button) to ensure that it stays off.

3. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I see.

What made me confused was the fact that when I disabled Prevx monitoring, Prevx told me that SOL was protecting the browser and if I still wanted to go ahead. I answered yes, and SOL also got disabled, until moments later I started a new Chromium.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.