Prevx SO and OnlineArmor?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by acr1965, Mar 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Do these two work well together without conflict? I have OA Premium. If I install SafeOnline should I disable the web shield of OA or do they work differently, providing different types of protection?

thanks

2. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

I have run Prevx alongside OA++ since it was Edge and now SafeOnline without any conflicts. Never found it necessary to disable the Web Shield in OA.
    A couple of points though - any apps you "run safer" in OA will not show the green border (same as with Sandboxie) but unlike with Sandboxie they will still be run as non-admin. Also, again like in Sandboxie the OA "Web Sites" will not 'populate' with the web sites you visit but if you manually add a web site to "Web Sites" that you may want to block ie:Facebook or Twitter for instance that will still work without any problems.

3. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

4. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Actually if you use any browser other than IE the Online Armor webshield may not even be necessary since SafeOnline will provide plenty of protection. I use Firefox myself as my default.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.