prevx says Acronis is spyware!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ihill, Oct 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ihill

ihill Registered Member

Has anyone else seen this? Prevx is putting acronis scheduler into quarrantine as it says it is malware!

2. HomeTurf

HomeTurf Registered Member

Not a Prevx user but a quick look in their Forum and it seems that if you use Prevx Beta, you cna't change the "rules". Apparently, they (Prevx) haven't excluded Acronis from their "prevent" list yet. If you BUY Prevx Pro, you can set the rules so you'd be able to say "Acronis is OK".

In one of the forums, a Prevx representative asked that users report any programs that they find that are NOT intrusive. May want to visit their (Prevx) website and check out their forums for help.

3. jacques!

jacques! Guest

Ihill,

This should be fixed now. If you double click on the file in the jail, it will reverify it and should be let out of the jail. If you have any other problems email me at jacques.erasmus at prevx dot com and i'll sort it out for you.

Regards,

Jacques.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2005
  4. HomeTurf

HomeTurf Registered Member

WHOA! Now THAT'S service. For somone from Prevx to come in to an "outside" forum and help one of their users out is OUTSTANDING in my opinion.

THUMBS UP Jacques!! :eek: :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.