Prevx SafeOnline and Avast Web Shield?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by chinook9, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chinook9

chinook9 Registered Member

Presently I have both Prevx SafeOnline (I believe all of Prevx Free is running actually) and Avast Web Shield running on my netbook. Does Avast Web Shield add anything? I haven't used it enough for surfing to tell if the two running together slow things down but it appears that there could be a conflict.

I expect some of you know enough about these two to make a recommendation. Please do.

2. EscapeVelocity

EscapeVelocity Registered Member

I am using them together as well. I dont notice any slowdown...compared to just using Avast Web Shield. But the Web Shield definitely slows page load times.

3. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

I have them both running (see my Sig) and they run fine side by side. Pretty much any webshield will seemingly impact page download times since things are being pre-scanned before being allowed on your computer...:cool:

4. EscapeVelocity

EscapeVelocity Registered Member

Yeah, but the SafeOnline did not increase page loading times noticeably over Avast Web Shield alone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.