Prevx RC 3.0.4.216

Discussion in 'Prevx Betas' started by PrevxHelp, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlimanov

dlimanov Registered Member

Please ignore this post, Prevx had nothing to do with this. Opera had an issue with corrupted cert database where it lost ALL Certification Authorities for some strange reason.
    Sorry..

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

No problem! Thanks for the clarification :)

3. dlimanov

dlimanov Registered Member

Me again. Clicking on externally-delivered links (like email, IMs, etc.) with Opera opened and SafeOnline active gives the following error:
    http://i34.tinypic.com/2a94ime.png
    If I disable SafeOnline, Opera will open link in new tab, as expected.

4. qpok

qpok Registered Member

I noticed that starting VLC Portable (http://portableapps.com/apps/music_video/vlc_portable) for the first time takes well over a minute with Prevx enabled as it authenticates all the VLC plugin DLL files prior to program start. Is this normal?

Using Prevx 3.0.4.216 with heuristics @ max, age & popularity heuristics @ recommended.

5. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

Yes that happens after visiting https websites. It still happens with the new .218 ;)

6. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

This is the most unstable beta I have tried so far. My browsers are crashing left and right, forcing me to uninstall it. I'm just going to wait until the final version is available.

7. trjam

trjam Registered Member

no offense, but why do you folks just not download the regualar version from the Prevx website. It works great, is what got them here, and you wont be the slaughtered pig, when it comes to betas.

I aint doing no more betas, well maybe the half-moon or plakat type, but thats another side of me.;)

8. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

cuz people want to try to improve the software and iron out the bugs, thats why people are using the beta.

9. trjam

trjam Registered Member

well it sounds like their iron is broke.:cautious:

10. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Build 218 snuck onto my PC this evening...all running well as usual! :D

11. PrevxHelp

I've reproduced this as well :) We will have this fixed in the next version! Thanks :)

12. PrevxHelp

VLC in particular has hundreds of components and the folders are probably not scanned automatically by Prevx so they wouldn't be in the cache. However, it shouldn't take that long. Could you please save a scan log by clicking Tools > Save Scan Results and send it to report@prevxresearch.com? I suspect we should be able to whitelist the components to improve the performance.

Thanks! :)

13. PrevxHelp

If you get a chance, could you try build 218 (which was released last night?) If this still doesn't fix it, I'd be very interested in trying to diagnose the problem remotely as you do seem to have gotten the worse end of the test versions :doubt:

14. PrevxHelp

Hello all,
    We've released a new test version with details here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=255102

Please let me know if any of the issues you've experienced (that I haven't already put in the "Known issues" section) still exist!

Thank you as always! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.