Prevx on multiple home PC's

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by rottenbanana, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rottenbanana

rottenbanana Registered Member

Do i need to buy a license for each computer i have at home? Having them all behind the same router, it seems odd why shouldn't i have the right to install my maybe-soon-to-be-bought Prevx on all of them.

Also, what about dual-booting? One of the PC's is a dual-boot XP and Vista machine (for testing purposes mostly), do i need two licenses for that single computer? If not, how does Prevx know it's one and the same computer?

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    You do need to have separate licenses for each physical computer - most vendors do it this way because the cost for supporting each computer is the same rather than decreasing when they're in the same location.

Currently we do not support automatic identification of dual-boot systems but we make exceptions so you will not have to buy an extra license for the other installation on that system (just send me a PM once you get your license and I'll make an exception for that PC :))

Let me know if you have any other questions!

3. rottenbanana

rottenbanana Registered Member

Hm, fair enough. Getting it for at least my two main PC's doesn't seem too expensive.

Thanks, i'll be in touch should i decide to make use of this offer. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.