PREVX memory hog on Terminal Server 2003

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by lococos, May 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lococos

lococos Registered Member

Hello all,

I've recently been hit a few weeks back with a bad malware issue causing alot of grief and time spent with removal of the malware. After using Prevx, it's unloaded 99% of all my issues.

I do however have a minor problem with one of my servers and using PREVX 3.0

I've installed Prevx on a Windows Server 2003 R2 using Terminal Server. I have clients who connect to use the software packages on the server as needed. However, when the clients log off, there seems to be a memory issue. I check the processes and with no one logged in, it's still using 250 + megs of memory.

My question is this: Do I need to purchase another version of Prevx for Terminal Server ? Enterprise? If so , what is the difference?

(BTW: I currently have 70 standalone licenses using PREVX 3.0 without doing my research of knowing what Prevx 3.0 Enterprise edition was)

- Is there a specific setting that needs to be put into place in order to run this software? Such as unload memory prevx.exe from user after log off?

It seems that I can go about 1 - 2 weeks before needing to reboot the server before I start getting popups saying no more memory and my software doesn't launch.

As mentioned before, i was willing to try anything to remove the malware issue. I did not know about prevx until i researched cmd85.exe and found this was the only software to remove this. Props to PREVX!!!! :D

Part 2:

I have 2 locations with head servers at each location and workstations that contain Prevx 3.0 licenses. After my licenses have run out, what is my best option to work with? Get an Enterprise edition software for the servers and run clients from the server? Please give me suggestions as I try to be 110% efficient.

thanks everyone for your input.

Brian.

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello :)
    We've responded via our customer support inbox - for our Enterprise clients that is generally the best area for communication. Let me know if you need anything else!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.