Prevx Home

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Mucker, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mucker

Mucker Registered Member

I just recently re-installed prevx home because it runs so light. I know it"s not as comprehensive as Prevx1 , but I like the lower resources. I would appreciate any other thoughts or opinions.

Thanks,
    Mucker

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

when it was a current product, i found prevx home to be very good and it was free too. it did have lots of prompts but at the time, but u could change its settings (policy) to reduce the items it checks.

id try it again but i wouldnt know where to find it and i would like updates.

3. Mucker

Mucker Registered Member

WSFuser,

I believe it is current --it's Prevx home 2.1 and I have updated the defintions twice in 3 days--I really like the low resource usage. Just Google Prevx Home and you will find the download sites. I was reading reviews there today.

Mucker

4. WSFuser

it rele does update? i may just try it then.

5. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

Did you ever update to Prevx1 1.2.0.52 ?

It runs a hell of a lot lighter than any previous version. I used to get spikes, but don't anymore.

6. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

7. stubbs100

stubbs100 Registered Member

Hi Guys,

We have put a lot of effort into the v1.2.0.52 and v1.2.0.53 to reduce the resource loading on the system and optimize the drivers. We would recommend you use the latest version if you had resource issues with releases below these two.

Prevx Home isn't supported any more and no updates are available for this product. The versions on download.com are very old and do not provide a fraction of the protection capabilities of Prevx1. The technology within Prevx1 has supperior capabilities in Rootkit, Keylogger and Buffer Overflow protection, while backed up by the power of the Community database.

If you still have issues with the latest release of Prevx1 then we would be keen to know and help in identifying the cause. If you run many security products on a small spec then this is probably half the battle :)

Let us know.

Regards,

Prevx Support

8. egghead

egghead Registered Member

I'm testing Prevx1R version 1.2.053.

It runs flawlessly on my pc, does not slow down my system and has no issues with other (security) software.
    Nice :cool: :cool: :cool:

dell dimension 5000
    P4 3.2 GHz
    1 GB Ram
    HD 80 GB

9. Mucker

Mucker Registered Member

I would like to thank everyone for the comments. Looks like I am going back to Prevx1R.

Mucker

10. sosaiso

sosaiso Registered Member

20 megs of RAM usage and barely any CPU usage... Only uses a minute or so of CPU time to do startup scans...

Slows down your startup drastically though. 3-4 mins for me on an old machine.

11. spindoctor

spindoctor Registered Member

Can anyone tell me how to restore jailed items in Prevx1 back to their original location? Prevx1 jailed a few programs I want to keep. Thanks if anyone knows.

I also still like Prevx home because it covered just enough areas (blocked driver and Win service installs etc...) to be a nice addition to other free security programs like ProcessGuard free. Right now Prevx home is running around 12 mbs. Compare that to Prevx1 which runs around 30 mbs on my pc.

12. WSFuser

drag the items to the probation section.

13. spindoctor

spindoctor Registered Member

Thanks WSFuser, I'll give that a try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.