Prevx Free Trial Not Fully Functional?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by mhl6493, May 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mhl6493

mhl6493 Registered Member

I downloaded the free trial version of Prevx/Safeonline to see how it might work with the other software I'm running, and I was surprised to find that it was not a fully functional trial (one of my pet peeves, but that's for another thread) -- some aspects of it worked, others would not unless you pay $$$.

What's the rationale behind a trial version that isn't fully functional? How is a user expected to discover if the program will create any conflicts with what he/she is already running if all if it's features aren't even enabled -- especially those that might create the most conflicts with other security software (real-time protection)?

Just wondering what the thinking behind this is... Thanks!

2. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Registered Member

Prevx free provides free scanning and detection only.
    you need to pay to enable protection/removal of malwares.

you need not to worry it guarantees 100% malware removal or you could get your money back :)

3. mhl6493

Thanks. But it's not the malware removal that I'm concerned about -- it's the possible conflict with other security software I'm running. And that potential conflict can't really be adequately tested with a trial program that's not fully functional.

4. Triple Helix

Triple Helix Webroot Product Advisor

It shouldn't conflict with other AV's and Anti-Malware programs but are you using something other then that it's possible? Maybe you can list your security software to help us understand better?

TH

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  5. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

The trial version of Prevx 3.0/SafeOnline contains exactly the same filtering/monitoring as the fully registered version so if there is an incompatibility with your security software, you would have seen it by now :)

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

6. mhl6493

Thanks for that clarification. I thought that maybe the real-time protection component (that's disabled in the trial) might add a potential conflict. Glad to know that it wouldn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.