Prevx FP's - mine & yours thread

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by StevieO, Jun 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

Mine

First off, Prevx is definately one of the better Apps out there, so i aint knocking it per se.

Now

Re enabled Prevx today for a while, after disabling it the other day due to FP's as explained in another thread. I disabled it because other people also use this PC and they would possibly panic etc when alerted.

Now it shows 2 alerts, which are FP's as in the screeny, but then after scanning reports clean. Why ?

DseShExt-x86.dll = TuneUp Utilities 2009

filter.zap = ZoneAlarm

There appears to be no instant way to exclude FP's that get alerted such as those. If we could double/right click on the individual alerts and do so, it would make life easier. Plus an option to also upload these files at the same time would be more than helpful to yourselves too !

Anybody else have similar etc issues ?

Attached Files:

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    You may want to try saving a scan log (and then sending it to my email address which I've sent you via PM) to see if the files were found again during the scan.

It is very possible that the FPs were fixed in the time that they were detected and when the scan was started (as almost all of our research is automated).

3. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    I've checked out the log you've sent and these files were found just because you have on maximum age/popularity/heuristics so we flagged these new versions of the files before they loaded but after they loaded we gathered enough data about them which allowed us to trust them.

The trial version is indeed a bit unclear with this message but this is essentially the case of a "FP" (really just an accurate detection on "paranoid" heuristics) being corrected automatically.

We'll be turning down the severity of the "Active Threat" popup for Age/Spread detections to minimize the "scare factor" when on high-heuristics.

Thanks for the information! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.