prevx.exe Application Error

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Sare, Oct 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sare

Sare Registered Member

Hi all. I receive the following message when I try to start prevx-exe

'The instruction at 0x000b4869 referenced memory at 0x02c17002. The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate the program.'

I've tried to uninstall using the program uninstaller and Revo. All I get is the same message. I'm very uncomfortable with new software I just purchased that responds this way. I just want to get it off my system. Any suggestions appreciated. A big boo for this program.

Sare

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

I suspect there is an incompatibility with something running on your system.

Could you try booting into safemode and running the uninstall tool from http://info.prevx.com/download.asp?grab=csiuninstalltool

Then, can you sign up for a trial version of Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus: http://www.webroot.com/En_US/consumer-products-secureanywhere-antivirus.html

If that works properly on your system, I can get you a license key to use there.

Please let me know if you have any questions - sorry for the inconvenience!

3. Sare

Sare Registered Member

Thanks, moderator. Using the uninstall tool in Safe Mode worked. I have Norton Internet Security and Malwarebytes installed. I appreciate the offer for your anti-virus but I only need one. I will contact your support about refunding the cost of Prevx if I can't use it on my system.

Sare

4. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

Webroot SecureAnywhere is effectively Prevx 4, and Prevx is already an antivirus. SecureAnywhere will work just fine with Norton and MBAM too, though most advanced users prefer not to bog down their computer and use just WSA alone, but it will work excellently alongside as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.