Prevx Edge Vista x64 version? when?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by LuckMan212, Dec 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuckMan212

LuckMan212 Registered Member

prevx edge promised a 64bit version a few weeks ago...... is it still coming? ya know many many people using 64bit these days........................ not so rare anymore!!

2. BG

BG Registered Member

I'll add a amen to that.

3. EraserHW

EraserHW Malware Expert

I would rather ask this question on the official Prevx Edge thread :)

Anyway, 64bit version of Prevx Edge is scheduled, just it is not a top priority. Indeed, we have very few customers that use 64bit operating system (it's really a small %).

4. LuckMan212

LuckMan212 Registered Member

This may sound like a very stupid question :blink:
    but don't you think you would have MORE 64-bit customers
    if you HAD a 64-bit product for them to run??

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  5. tsilo

tsilo Registered Member

Yeah, right... it's not a stupid question... stupid was answer from EraserHW who sad they had very few x64 operating system customers!
    EraserHW how do you think? am i your customer?? answer is no!! and why?? BECAUSE I AM USING x64 SYSTEM!!!

6. EraserHW

EraserHW Malware Expert

hehehe :) No, that's indeed an interesting question :)

What I mean is that we've had really few customers interested in 64 version of Prevx Edge yet, and from our internal statistics and research we've seen it isn't a top priority. Though, this doesn't mean we aren't developing a 64bit version of Prevx Edge. Just, developing is going slower because at the moment we've other priorities on this 32bit version of Edge.

I hope this clarifies things :)

Marco

7. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

It's also never gonna be bigger since there is no such version at all.
    Unless companies feed the ppl with 32bit OS and 8GB of RAM in the system.
    Then thats not really our (64bit users) problem...

8. EraserHW

EraserHW Malware Expert

On a side note, on one of my pc I use a 64bit OS too :)

Let me better explain: I can understand you're a 64bit customer. For 1 64bit user we've at least 20 32bit users. As said before, this doesn't mean we aren't developing 64bit version of Prevx Edge. This simply mean the development process is going a bit slower because the top priority is 32bit version of Edge and developing new updates and improvements for it.

9. EraserHW

EraserHW Malware Expert

Again, 64bit version of Prevx Edge is in development. Though, atm, we haven't yet planned a release date :)

10. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

But you would get alot more customers then just the ppl who asked about it, theres another class of ppl who wouldnt even bother letting you know that right now they would have to go with a competitor who does have 64bit

11. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Looking at 3rd party statistics (and our own polling), 64bit is still not gaining too quickly in adoption rates. We are, instead, working primarily on improving the features on 32bit and will then port it over to 64bit once we finish some of the changes in 32bit.

We're in the middle of some very large updates at the moment which will really make a significant improvement across every aspect of Edge and we're giving the most priority to the updates first, then we'll be focusing more on 64bit support :)

12. entropism

entropism Registered Member

With more and more systems being sold in the large chains, with 4, 6, and 8GB of ram, 64bit will be catching on quickly. The problem is that for x64 customers such as myself, we see there's no x64 version of your software and simply move along, without any inquiries towards the company as to when one will be released.

The simple fact is, there is a relatively small yet growing populace of 64bit customers that are pulling their hair out looking for a program such as yours, and only have 2 options at the moment: Norton Antibot or Comodo D+. Get to market now, and you'll be able to carve out a niche and develop some brand loyalty. You KNOW that 64bit *is* the future, and that the money in R&D will have to be spent eventually. It might as well be sooner rather than later, as you can be a pioneer, rather than another small fish in a growing pond. Grab those lost and stranded consumers NOW, as opposed to trying to ween them away from another brand later.

13. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

That's not something you should have to tell them. A company that has to be berated by it's customer base SHOULD lose out to a competitor.

14. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

As Marco and I have said, we are currently developing the 32bit version thoroughly and will be releasing a 64bit version soon. Not much else I can say along those lines - we are aware that it is important, but it is not the #1 priority currently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.