Prevx Edge Support Excels!!!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Rui, Mar 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rui

Rui Registered Member

Hello

When installing the trial version of Avira Antivir I had a disagreable surprise. Unfortunately I forgot stopping Edge Protection, and when installing Avira the Prevx Edge service was disabled. Upon reboot, Prevx Edge icon tray had disappeared, although the protection was running. Additionally, the Prevx Edge entry was missing from the Add/Remove Programs list.

I was unable to to fix this situation: Running the Prevx Edge installer again was impossible, as the only thing I got was The Edge window showing me my system was secure. On the other hand, there was no way of uninstalling the application, as it was not listed in Add Remove/Programs.

In order to get help solving this issue, I contacted Prevx Support at 09.30 PM GMT this Saturday. Support provided me a link to the uninstaller, which I downloaded and ran. It did'nt work.

New contact with Support Team, who instructed me to run the uninstaller once again AND to remove Prevx Edge Application Data files, then reboot system.

It worked this time, and I had my problem solved!!. I reinstalled Prevx Edge and now it is showing at the list of installed programs. The problem with the disappearing icon tray was solved, too.

In less than an hour, I had this inconvenience solved, and at a Saturday night!!

Bravo, Prevx Support!! You are definitely winning THE EDGE!!!:D

Rui

2. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Glad to hear it. I just became a Prevx Edge user. I had some minor difficulties setting up myPrevx account. I also had the same experience. Very quick help from their support staff. :thumb:

3. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

You bet they are...and as the word spreads about this nugget I am sure that there will be more and converts to the software...which is also a real nugget...and getting better. :thumb:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  4. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Yes PrevX has one of the best support infra-structures,always friendly and helpful,excellent company.:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.